Company: Baker Hughes Inc.
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: October 18, 2020
ARE YOU A SOFTWARE ENGINEER LOOKING FOR AN INNOVATIVE
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SEEING REAL PRODUCTS AND SYSTEMS COME TO LIFE
WITH YOUR SOFTWARE?
JOIN OUR CUTTING-EDGE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TEAM
We are the leader in designing, developing and testing custom built
software applications for the energy industry that are tailored to
the needs of the business and external customers.
PARTNER WITH THE BEST
As a software engineer, you will be a member of an agile software
delivery organization that focuses on moving the energy industry
forward by inventing new, sustainable strategies and digital
solutions that optimize business value. You will utilize some of
the newest technologies, like artificial intelligence (AI) and
machine learning (ML) to optimize the supply chain at Baker
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Delivering small-sized software engineering stories and tasks on
* Providing technical input while defining, developing, and
evolving software in an agile development environment.
* Designing, developing and testing complex software solutions that
drive business value.
* Learning new technologies used throughout the organization.
* Participating in code reviews, implementing solutions based on
team feedback and solving issues.
* Following strict code standards used by the team.
* Participating in technical discussions; participating in
technical designs and presenting technical ideas through white
boarding and presentations.
FUEL YOUR PASSION
To be successful in this role you will require:
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, software
engineering or STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and
Math) from an accredited university or college.
* At least 2 years professional experience.
* A solid understanding of object-oriented design, software design
patterns and infrastructure-as-code principles.
* Functional experience using back end technologies like Java,
Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Hibernate/JPA or SOAP/REST
* Functional experience using front-end web development
* A basic understanding of RDMS technologies like PostgreSQL,
Oracle or MySQL.
* A basic understanding or testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG,
Selenium or Cucumber.
* A basic understanding of containerization technologies like
Docker, CloudFoundry or Kubernetes.
* Knowledge of cyber security best practices.
WORK IN A WAY THAT WORKS FOR YOU
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which
people want to work and deliver at their best is different for
everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible
* WORKING FROM HOME - Flexibility to work occasionally from
WORKING WITH US
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know
we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and
able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in
the health and well-being of our workforce, train, reward talent,
and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each
WORKING FOR YOU
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. To
keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries
today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a
package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and
you can expect:
* Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing
* Comprehensive private medical care options
* Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
* Tailored financial programs
* Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions
for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a
leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to
achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always
looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are
as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a
company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come
join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and
inspire you!About Us: With operations in over 120 countries, we
provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities
for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we re
committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we re
always looking for the right people to help us get there. People
who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner
and more efficient.
Join Us:Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in
a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become
part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let s
come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Baker Hughes Inc., New Orleans , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!