Associate / Director for Residential Operations Please see
Special Instructions for more details. Use the link listed to apply
for any position at Xavier University of Louisiana:
https://jobs.xula.edu . Applicants should attach online only the
following: resume, cover letter, one letter of reference, and
contact information for 3 references.
Position Title Associate / Director for Residential
Department Office of Housing (3800)
The Associate/ Director for Residential Operations manages all
aspects of the Xavier University Housing process and procedure.
This position is responsible for the direction, design,
coordination and implementation of a student-centered housing
program that meets basic needs, educates, and fosters student
This position also assists with the supervision of the Housing
Coordinator of Operations and indirectly supervises Graduate Hall
Directors as it relates to housing management protocol and
procedures. Serve in the on-duty rotation and provide support to
paraprofessional staff and students during times of emergency,
crisis or other needs for assistance. This position reports to the
Executive Director For Residential Education.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS , AND ABILITIES :
• Knowledge and conceptualization of diversity including various
intersecting identities like race, ethnicity, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age,
ability, socio-economic status and additional salient
• Investment in student engagement, persistence, and
• Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced and
unpredictable environment while meeting deadlines.
• Knowledge of current trends in higher education, social
justice and equity education, and student success and outcomes.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with strong interpersonal
communication, build trust, and cultivate intentional and varied
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
and as a contributing part of a team.
• Ability to articulate student development and learning
theories into practice.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately,
orally and in writing, using proper grammar.
• Organizational, analytical, problem-solving,
critical-thinking, and customer service skills.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
A minimum of two-years of prior experience in residential life.
Superior computer/technology skills including housing software/Data
Master’s degree in Counseling, Higher Education or College
Personnel/Student Affairs; Prior experience using The Housing
Director or similar housing software programs.
Special Requirements Summary
Anticipated until filled
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Description
• Design, implement, and assess all Housing and Residence Life
related processes, policies, and procedures.
• Coordinate housing assignments, roommate matches, move
processes, and key distribution/inventory.
• Compile and assess housing data and occupancy rates; manage
and distribute housing reports.
• Supervise the Housing Coordinator of Operations.
• Indirectly supervise the Hall Advisors
• Train staff (professional and student staff) on housing
• Working with the Housing Coordinator of Operations, oversee
input/maintenance of housing assignments and oversee all housing
fields/data in Banner and Adirondack.
• Serve as a Housing and Residential Life representative in the
process for medical accommodations.
• Work with Facilities Management Department regarding all
residence hall facility needs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Posting Number S022P
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date 02/03/2020
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Date 11/22/2019
Application Review Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Use the link listed to apply for any position at Xavier
University of Louisiana: https://jobs.xula.edu . Applicants should
attach online only the following: resume, cover letter, one letter
of reference, and contact information for 3 references.
Founded in 1925 by Saint Katharine Drexel and the Sisters of the
Blessed Sacrament, XULA is Catholic and historically Black. Located
in New Orleans, the ultimate purpose of the University is to
contribute to the promotion of a more just and humane society by
preparing its students to assume roles of leadership and service in
a global society. This preparation takes place in a diverse
learning and teaching environment that incorporates all relevant
educational means, including research and community service
Supplemental Questions Required fields are indicated with an
* What is the highest level of education attained? GED
High School Diploma
* How many years of experience do you have in this type of
* Are you available to work weekends? Yes
* How many years of Administrative support experience do you
10 or more
* What is your Philosophy for serving students? (Open Ended
* Are you a current employee of the university? Yes
Documents Needed To Apply Required Documents Resume
Letter of Recommendation
Optional Documents Curriculum Vitae
If you have technical questions, about this website, support is
available Monday through Friday (excluding major holidays) from
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. central time.