Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Engineering Resources is seeking a highly
skilled--Mechanical Engineer--with a strong structural background
for a direct-hire opportunity with a custom machine manufacturer in
Reserve, LA.--Primary Responsibilities:
- Exhibits strong multi-tasking skill set to support simultaneous
on-going Engineering and company projects.
- Supports assigned dredge project(s) in collaboration with
- Designs and develops structural and mechanical components,
equipment, and machinery.
- Creates and refines technical mechanical parts and assembly
drawings to capture design intent and document the key aspects
necessary to accomplish the manufacturing goals of a project.
- Creates and refines complex mechanical components including
sourcing, volume models, key performance parameters, etc.
- Coordinates the electrical parts as typically used in the
mechanical design models. This includes PCB's, connectors, plugs,
layout control models, import/export activities, coordination and
management of interface details with the electrical engineering
- Develops communication documentation to help convey the key
aspects of a design to a client or manufacturing partner.
- Creates and maintains of a Bill of Materials for assigned
- Creates, controls, and maintains release packages and design
- Conducts and manages root cause analysis and resolution
engineering issues, including any design changes required to
- Reviews design efforts from team to ensure that quality is
- Provides technical guidance for designers and drafters as
- Uses expertise to improve operational efficiencies and meet
compliance requirements.--Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related
- 3 or more years of structural experience.
- Working knowledge of current API standards for rotating
equipment, particularly centrifugal pumps, centrifugal compressors,
and auxiliary systems.
- Proven collaborator; able to leverage individual strengths to
provide value to the entire team.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and Inventor (preferred).
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an
emphasis on the ability to organize.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing
(drug test, physical) and a background check.--Why Kelly--?Your
engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right
fit? Easy. With Kelly Engineering, our experts connect you with
leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on
innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top
technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of
short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term,
we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering
job.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next
and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, New Orleans , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Reserve, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!