Technical Field Service Manager
Company: Generac Power System, Inc
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Technical Field Service Manager
Company Generac Power Systems
Name Technical Field Service Manager
Req # 56378
Location Waukesha IS
Employment Type Full Time
Motortech a Generac Company has been one of the leading
international developers and manufacturers of ignition systems,
mixture control systems, engine management systems and other
accessories in the field of stationary gas engines for over 30
years. With focus on research and development, the company is a
global leader when it comes to upgrading and optimizing gas engines
efficiently, economically and environmentally friendly.
Our Technical Field Service Manager is responsible for ensuring
customer satisfaction on all levels of business by providing
on-site and phone troubleshooting, repair, equipment modifications,
installation and sales support of various mobile power generation
equipment and mobile heaters. This position is responsible for
providing mission critical equipment support and service.
- Provide technical support, setup and assistance to
- Assist in site certification, operation and EPA testing.
- Assist with the development and distribution of service and
parts bulletins to notify customers of product changes or
- Assist sales managers and rep groups with new customer product
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with customers'
branch, district, and regional sales and service managers.
- Coordinate customer calls with regional sales managers to
ensure needs of all customers in the territories are met.
- Provide technical support and additional company presence at
national and regional industry trade shows.
- Provide sales support through assisting customers in
determining correct equipment for their needs.
- Provide technical input and design ideas to engineering during
new product initiation and existing product improvements.
- Provide feedback from the field to Sales and Marketing,
Engineering, Manufacturing, and Technical support regarding
- Provide written weekly reports to manager covering accounts
visited, service schools provided, product issues/ concerns,
possible sales opportunities, and competitor information.
- Assist Service Training and Technical Publications with manual
content and reviews for accuracy.
- Evaluate Engineering Change Requests (ECR's) and Engineering
Change Notices (ECN's) to determine the need for new service
Associate's Degree in in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical
Engineering or equivalent experience3 years of relevant experience
Ability to travel up to 50%
Experience and sound knowledge of power generation; light tower,
pumps and heating products. Experienced in Electronics,
Electromechanical Technology;Previous experience using SAP or
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of Engine maintenance and troubleshooting of
natural gas fuel systems;
- Working knowledge of mechanical design, AC and DC circuitry,
power generation, wiring schematics, and connection diagrams;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, the ability to make
independent decisions, and work with minimal supervision;
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to
manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required
to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to
stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job
are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work
requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust
focus. Up to 80% travel and valid Driver's License required.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Generac Power System, Inc, New Orleans , Technical Field Service Manager, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!