We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942,
but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal,
lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned,
every record broken and every patient helped is because of the
dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support
those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come
make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future
This job is responsible for assessing patients and safely
performing routine radiographic procedures in accordance with
prescribed safety procedures and protocols. This job is a clinical
mentor for junior staff and students.
Required - Completion of a Radiologic Technology program in an
AMA approved school
Required - None
Preferred - Healthcare experience
Required - Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic
Current license in the state of practice
Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry
and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various
software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Verifies physician order and procedure to assure accuracy
- Utilizes radiology information systems to facilitate care
- Explains procedure to patient to ensure understanding
- Independently operates equipment to complete imaging procedure
according to protocol (may include placement of nasogastric tubes,
IVs, urinary catheters, and administration of contrast)
- Reviews patient images prior to transmission to ensure images
meet diagnostic quality standards.
- Completes timely quality control procedures in accordance with
regulatory standards and performing notification/remediation as
- Assists in the facilitation of departmental operations
(inventory, staff schedules, equipment maintenance, etc.)
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including
but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to
the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be
performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are
not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds
of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of
force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for
sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all
users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility
of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the
application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center
at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com. This
contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot
be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English, Spanish, Chinese, and
Affirmative Action Policy Statement