Line Cook- LeBayou Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Company: Creole Cuisine
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts,
and other items for consumption in eating establishments by
performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens,
broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare
soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and
piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and
sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to
prepare them for use.
- Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils, segregates and
removes garbage, and steam cleans or hoses garbage containers.
- Observes all sanitation and food handling/storage
- Distributes supplies, utensils, and portable equipment.
- Ensure tickets are prepared according to sequence, procedure
- Puts away deliveries and organizes storage areas, coolers and
- Clean, maintain and replenish station or area of responsibility
at the beginning, during and at the end of the shift.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance & Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Acumen & Cost Consciousness: Understands financial
implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and
competition; Aligns work with locations goals. Exhibits cost saving
measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves
- Guest Service: Manages difficult or emotional guest situations;
Responds promptly to guest needs; Solicits guest feedback to
improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect
and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the
value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds
a diverse workforce.
- Ethics & Judgement: Treats people with respect; Keeps
commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and
ethically; Upholds organization values. Displays willingness to
make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in
decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Innovation & Adaptability: Displays original thinking and
creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates
suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and
ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others'
attention. Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages
competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the
situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires
and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences
actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others;
Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Provides
vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Motivation & Initiative: Sets and achieves challenging goals;
Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self
against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to
accomplish goals. Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks
increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and
calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities;
Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds
well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports
organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through
- Planning & Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals
and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their
tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments. Focuses on solving
conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others
without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to
others' ideas and tries new things.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways
to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works
- Safety & Security: Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities the essential functions.
Keywords: Creole Cuisine, New Orleans , Line Cook- LeBayou Restaurant & Oyster Bar, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!