Scaffold Builder, Maintenance
Company: Brown & Root
Location: Pass Christian
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Builds, positions, and dismantles wooden structures, such as
concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and sewer supports, and temporary
frame shelters, according to sketches, blueprints, or company
- Examines, selects and gathers materials and tools.
- Examines blue prints and specifications to determine dimensions
- Inspect base surface for obstructions.
- Loads, transports and unloads material.
- Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, using square, measuring
tape, and ruler, and marks cutting lines on materials using pencil
- Saws boards and plywood panels to required sizes.
- Uses carpentry hand tools such as hammers, levels, squares,
screw drivers, adjustable wrenches, hand and power saws, drill
motors and pry bars.
- Assembles scaffold containing handrails, mid rails, braces and
planks, toe boards, screening, locking pins and wheels to job
- Braces forms in place with timbers, tie rods, and anchor bolts
for use in building concrete piers, footings, and walls.
- Secures scaffolding to permanent structure by tying.
- Erects scaffolding for buildings and other structures and
installs ladders, handrails,
walkways, platforms, and gangways.
- Sets and braces anchor bolts.
- May rig materials.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tolls and
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and
project rules. Performs other duties as required
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply basic mathematics and solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of
lines, figures and objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous
years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has
knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
within a particular field. Relies on instructions and
pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not
typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically
reports to a supervisor or manager.
Keywords: Brown & Root, New Orleans , Scaffold Builder, Maintenance, Other , Pass Christian, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!