Location: New Orleans
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next
Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract.
This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible
for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy
and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a
Systems Administrator in New Orleans, LA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under
the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of
NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the
Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services,
network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately,
Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks
and data management to improve capability and service while also
saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise
The qualified candidate will Oversee, plan and organize complex
operational designs, develop support plans, coordinate
implementations, and provide second level support for Local Area
Network (LAN), Base Area Network (BAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN)
solutions encompassing heterogeneous platforms. Other duties
and responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day operations Develop system support
requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes
and evaluating available Enterprise Services (ES) and supplier
- Author procedures to maintain security and protect systems from
- Lead project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs and
coordinate project efforts with support groups.
- Create plans that support implementation of changes.
- Participate in system support design and performance evaluation
- Advise on distributed network computing issues.
- Monitor and maintain security and integrity standards and
- Plan and Assist in the evaluation, testing and recommendation
of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer
- Coach and train others in the application of new operational
support technologies and train subordinates as needed.
- Guide and provide work direction to technical staff.
- Maintains and manages user accounts installs, modifies and
maintain systems, and software on server computer and critical
- Provide server and critical infrastructure support.
- Analyze user requirements and statistics to identify trends and
resolve performance issues.
- Coordinate and approve updates of the site administration
- Keep abreast of emerging operational support technologies and
- Recommend appropriate price/performance improvement
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- 5 Years of Experience
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess an Operating System (OS)/Application
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Keywords: Leidos, New Orleans , Systems Administrator, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!