Location: New Orleans
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next
Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract.
This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible
for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy
and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is
looking to hire an NetOps Lead in New Orleans, LA to join our
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under
the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of
NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the
Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services,
network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately,
Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks
and data management to improve capability and service while also
saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise
The qualified candidate will oversee operation of network systems,
architecture, and topology through deployment and oversight of
network operations specialists. The NetOps Lead will also
ensure that all operating systems are adequate, functional, and
conform to operation security policies and procedures. Other
duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with the development and application of business
processes to ensure appropriate service levels.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for
- Participate in strategic network planning, steady state
operations planning, and development of contingency operation
- Plan and support injection of new technologies and
implementation of technology refresh.
- Confer with and advise administrators, user representatives,
and technical personnel regarding development and design of
integrated network solutions.
- Prepare recommendations based on monitoring results, tools
analyses, and forensics.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies
and procedures regarding network equipment, maintenance, and
- Prepare status reports.
- Schedule routine system maintenance, oversee application of
proactive cyber security measures, and manage reaction to network
- Develop and maintain system architecture and operational
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
and 6 Years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network
support certification and/or an Operating System (OS)/Application
certification such as Computing Technology Industry Association
(CompTIA) Network+, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft
Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or a Microsoft Certified
Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Enterprise
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Keywords: Leidos, New Orleans , NetOps Lead, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!