provides for the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing
Process within the framework of the Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code
for Nurses and Standards for Nursing Practice. Directs and assists
licensed and ancillary team members with assigned responsibilities
and collaborates with the multidisciplinary team. Coordinates
delivery of plan of care, assumes professional responsibility and
accountability for own practice, and supports the department's
philosophy of nursing. Provides leadership and guidance to the
Required - Registered Nurse Diploma
Preferred - Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Required - 5 years related experience.
Preferred - Supervisory experience.
Required - Current RN License in the state of practice, Basic
Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Preferred - Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
Clinical certification in area of expertise
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry
and retrieval of patient information. Must be proficient with
Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present information clearly and professionally to
varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates good judgement in performing duties
- Strong delegation skills
- Leads administrative efforts for Clinicians such as staffing,
purchasing, scheduling, ordering medication, attending ambulatory
meetings as necessary, conducting performance evaluations and keeps
staff awards of learnings, events and educational
- Organizes, prioritizes, and implements interventions to promote
patient safety and meet patient needs within the continuum of
- Provides care based on physical, psycho/social, educational,
safety and related criteria, appropriate to the ages of
patients/customers served in assigned area.
- Participates in activities aimed at evaluating or improving
patient and financial outcomes.
- Ensures cross-training of employees by making optimum use
of available staff and adjusts schedule to meet the needs of the
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and
maintaining required clinical knowledge, technical skills, training
- Coordinates clinical operations and provides input to
management for capital budgets.
- Ensures required clinical knowledge, technical skills, training
and credentials of nursing staff.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including
but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to
the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be
performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required. The above statements
describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an
exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and
skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not
limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20
pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100
pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of
those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential