MRI/X-Ray Tech - Ochsner Northshore - Slidell - PRN
Company: Ochsner Health
Posted on: September 13, 2021
This job has
certification in Radiography and is responsible for assessing
patients and safely performing routine radiographic procedures in
accordance with prescribed safety procedures and protocols. In
addition, the technologist has been trained successfully and
registered in the additional modality.
Required - Completion of a Radiologic Technology program in
an AMA approved school
Required - None.
Preferred - 2 years experience in Advanced Modality
Required - Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT) and/or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical
Current license in the state of practice
Advanced level certification(s) in specific additional
Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry
and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various
software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work 40 + hours per week in a fast-paced environment
needed to accomplish high volume, heavy workloads.
Ability for filling all staffing requirements needed for
Ability to work a flexible schedule such as nights,
weekends, extended shifts, etc.
- Verifies physician order and procedure to assure accuracy.
- Utilizes radiology information systems to facilitate care.
- Explains procedure to patient to ensure understanding.
- Independently operates equipment to complete imaging procedure
according to protocol (may include placement of nasogastric tubes,
IVs, urinary catheters, and administration of contrast).
- Reviews patient images prior to transmission to ensure images
meet diagnostic quality standards.
- Completes timely quality control procedures in accordance with
regulatory standards and performing notification/remediation as
- Assists in the facilitation of departmental operations
(inventory, staff schedules, equipment maintenance, etc.).
- Flexible to schedules in all registered modalities.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including
but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to
the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be
performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not
limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20
pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100
pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of
those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there
may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or
hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport,
storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or
disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may
increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Keywords: Ochsner Health, New Orleans , MRI/X-Ray Tech - Ochsner Northshore - Slidell - PRN, Other , Slidell, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!