oversees the daily activities of a skilled nursing unit to ensure
compliance with established regulations and fulfill of patient
expectations. Continuously improves the nursing unit’s
profitability through developing strategic cost saving plans,
monitoring patient billing, and establishing a practical budget.
Required – Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Business, Nursing,
or related field
Preferred – Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public
Health, Health Administration, or Health Science
Required – 5 years’ managerial experience
Preferred – Experience managing nursing homes or other
Preferred – Licensed Nursing Home Administrator in the state of
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry
and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Working knowledge of nursing home guidelines and RUGs
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to inspire
others and delegate tasks to effectively manage a unit.
- Must be able to work independently, set priorities, meet
deadlines and excursive good judgement.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills and the ability
to use creative insight to develop unique financial analyses and
research complex regulatory issues.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills necessary to manage
within a budget.
- Excellent time management and project coordination skills with
strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Implements facility policies and procedures that comply with
government regulations ensuring staff and patient safety.
- Establishes a practical budget for the facility and allocates
funds to specific departments or expenses as needed.
- Leads teams in the nursing home to ensure all staff members
meet goals and fulfill patient expectations.
- Conducts annual employee performance reviews.
- Assist the clinical unit manager in the day-to-day operations
of the nursing unit.
- Sets guidelines for staffing levels consistent with industry
- Develops, tracks and operates unit budget.
- Monitors the unit’s coding and reporting (MDS, PBJ, RUGs) to
- Develops and maintains appropriate MD staffing models.
- Other related duties as required.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are
not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20
pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100
pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of
those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential