Radiologic Technologist - SIGN ON BONUS Available up to $10K - St. Anne Campus - Full Time - Night Shift
Company: Ochsner Health
Posted on: October 14, 2021
This job is
responsible for assessing patients and safely performing routine
radiographic procedures in accordance with prescribed safety
procedures and protocols. This job is a clinical mentor for junior
staff and students.
Required - Completion of a Radiologic Technology program in
an AMA approved school
Required - None
Preferred - Healthcare experience
Required - Registered by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Current license in the state of practice
Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry
and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various
software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Verifies physician order and procedure to assure accuracy
- Utilizes radiology information systems to facilitate care
- Explains procedure to patient to ensure understanding
- Independently operates equipment to complete imaging procedure
according to protocol (may include placement of nasogastric tubes,
IVs, urinary catheters, and administration of contrast)
- Reviews patient images prior to transmission to ensure images
meet diagnostic quality standards.
- Completes timely quality control procedures in accordance with
regulatory standards and performing notification/remediation as
- Assists in the facilitation of departmental operations
(inventory, staff schedules, equipment maintenance, etc.)
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including
but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to
the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be
performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
- Must be able to work rotating night/weekend 12 -13
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are
not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20
pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100
pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of
those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Ochsner Health, New Orleans , Radiologic Technologist - SIGN ON BONUS Available up to $10K - St. Anne Campus - Full Time - Night Shift, Other , Raceland, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!