Sales Representative - Hiring Now
Posted on: October 14, 2021
The Sales Representative is accountable for all sales activities,
from lead generation through close of sale, in an assigned
territory, using a formal selling approach. This role develops and
implements an agreed upon strategic plan which will meet the goals
of expanding sales in the assigned geography. Sales Representatives
collaborate with sales leadership, segment representatives, and
Avantor support teams for the achievement of revenue growth,
customer satisfaction, and long-term sustainability in a dynamic
and demanding market. Sales Representatives have access to sell the
entire product line(s) in the
Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Industrial (PBI) segment that
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Avantor solutions to customers across the
Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Industrial (PBI) segments.
- Successfully manage a territory consisting of diverse customers
across various markets by implementing sales strategies to optimize
sales revenue growth and gross profits.
- Prospect and establish new customers by managing and advancing
a robust sales pipeline.
- Develop and deliver proposals to customers, conveying
Avantor/VWR's value proposition.
- Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer
needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects
and customers of the various solutions Avantor/VWR can offer their
- Work with sales management to develop strategic territory
business plan, manage pipeline and territory forecasting to
optimize sales revenue growth and gross profit quota
- Provide customer RFQs and bids with promptness and
- Build, sustain and leverage relationships with customers and
vendors and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Manage Avantor/VWR's vast product portfolio and execute and
implement company defined sales and marketing strategies.
- Expand Avantor/VWR's role with existing customers by developing
retention strategies by conveying Avantor/VWR's value proposition
in conjunction with evolving customer requirements.
- Leverage available resources to effectively implement company
marketing plan, strategies and sales processes.
- Represent and develop strong relationships with
- Work directly with local manufacturer representatives to
develop and continually improve product knowledge, arrive at
favorable pricing, and improve account profitability.
- Demonstrate Avantor's mission and uphold the Avantor Code of
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
- College degree or equivalent/applicable experience
- 2-3 years of experience working in a complex, dynamic sales
environment, calling on multiple decision makers, involved in the
- A proven track record of verifiable sales success driving
growth with a consultative, strategic and solution-based selling
- Business-to-business sales experience, with preference given to
those with distribution experience, a scientific background and/or
having work in a laboratory or research environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills communicating and collaborating
with management, manufacture reps, team members and internal
- Demonstrated capability to effectively utilize best-in-class
selling processes (e.g. SPIN, Challenger, Miller Heiman/Korn Ferry)
and CRM platforms (Salesforce.com) and sales analyses platforms
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the
We seek a self-starting individual with outstanding communication
skills and a positive attitude that can consistently apply their
abilities to provide superior service. Candidates must be reliable,
coachable, and passionate about delivering the Avantor value
proposition. The ideal individual will be a high energy individual
who is organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and possesses
the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Science, laboratory, research, or medical technology background
- Successful candidate will be adaptable and flexible, able to
work, collaborate and thrive in a highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrate growth mindset and open for coaching and
- Ability to work independently with excellent account management
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail with successful
project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to sell strategically
and offer solutions
- Ability to understand individual customer operations and
continuously strive for customer service excellence.
- Contract negotiations skills preferred
- Willingness to travel to customer locations
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT
Typically works in a home office environment with extensive
regional travel to customer locations.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are
used to resolve work problems.
New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but
does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or
carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on
and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Keywords: Avantor, New Orleans , Sales Representative - Hiring Now, Other , Metairie, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!