Chemist - St. Rose, LA
Location: Saint Rose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Company DescriptionSGS is the world's leading inspection,
verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized
as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than
89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARYResponsible
for assisting and performing a wide range of chemical and physical
analyses on petro fuels and chemicals.JOB DUTIES
- Perform all required testing on petro fuels, gasoline, and
- Assists in the setting up of laboratory equipment and / or
instrumentation required for the analysis of samples and general
upkeep and housekeeping of the Laboratory.
- Perform standardization of all solutions.
- Documents all activities and recordkeeping accordingly to
- Pick up samples from various locations and bring them to
assigned Laboratory, depending on location.
- Assist in all other laboratory assignments and
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- A minimum of six months of experience in a Laboratory
performing rudimentary analysis preferred.
- Science degree is strongly preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals
- Must be able to differentiate colors accurately by sight.
- Depending on location, position may require incumbent to work
weekends, holiday or work a rotating shift, to meet business
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly
required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or
controls; talk or hear; and test or smell; frequently required to
walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms; required to stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Must be able to differentiate between
colors accurately by sight.#INDLABAdditional InformationSGS is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train,
and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required.This job description should not
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing
contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.If you
are applying for a position within the United States and you have
difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of
a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a
message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone
number is not for general employment information, but is only for
individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position
due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS, New Orleans , Chemist - St. Rose, LA, Other , Saint Rose, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!