At Your Service/service Express
Company: InterContinental - New Orleans
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 15, 2022
This is the job description for AT YOUR SERVICE/SERVICE
Job Title: At Your Service/Service Express
Department: Front Desk
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Front Office Manager
Job Purpose: To operate hotel's switchboard to relay incoming,
outgoing, and interoffice calls and to provide a professional,
prompt, and friendly telephone and message service to the hotel
guests and staff, and to project an image of reliability and
professionalism through such services.
1. Maintains a professional attitude towards customers and
employees and continuously is aware
that a phone conversation is the first impression most people have
of the hotel.
2. Answers all incoming calls and routes them accordingly and does
so in a timely, professional
and polite manner. Also, handles all paging and radio
communications in a similar manner.
3. Assists in filing of folios, registration cards, etc. on a daily
4. Keeps alphabetical telephone guest index current and accurate,
denoting checked out guests
from check in and stay over guests in the appropriate manner.
5. May supply information to callers and record messages.
6. May keep record of calls placed and toll charges.
7. May perform clerical duties, such as typing, proofreading, and
8. May operate system of bells or buzzers to call individuals in
establishment to phone.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Speak clearly and listen carefully.
2. Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give
information to people.
3. Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such
as from typing to searching in a
directory, to using a telephone.
4. Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a
switchboard or computer keyboard.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: None required
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision.
Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently
lifts/carries up to 10 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and
gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and
fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions
and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Stand for long periods of time
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: InterContinental - New Orleans, New Orleans , At Your Service/service Express, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!