Company: Gulf Island Fabrication
Posted on: June 24, 2022
To perform all job duties involved in rigging-up slings, shackles,
etc. used to lift/install/move materials (pipe, plate, etc.) or
structures, equipment, or materials either from one location of the
yard to another or on Offshore locations or Offsite locations,
including loadouts in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to thread and install screw pipe.
- Supply welding crafts with needed materials.
- Coordinate crane activity for transport materials.
- Assist fitters with measurement taking and proper cleaning of
fittings for welding.
- Provide guidance to crew regarding safety and rigging
- Sets examples for peers in safety policy and rigging tasks.
- Assist crane operators and/or cherry picker operators by
hooking-up slings and/or load cables to materials or structures as
- Set-up skid/rail components used to load-out completed structures
onto barges or offload structures from barges to assigned locations
in the fabrication yard.
- Assist crane operators, cherry picker operators and/or
maintenance personnel (mechanics) in performing routine maintenance
work on cherry pickers, cranes, dozers, etc.
- Report all defective rigging equipment (slings, shackles, jacks,
cracked sledgehammer handles, plate clamps, etc.) to the rigging
- Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, or
around obstacles, using multipoint suspension techniques.
- Assist in cleaning up work areas as needed (including barges)
prior to beginning lift or loadout operations.
- Set-up water pumps on barges as required to prepare for
- Test mechanical system to ensure proper functioning.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or
confines, using chain falls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other
- Rig-up and rig-down equipment and materials scheduled to go on or
leave offshore vessels and/or platforms.
- Assist welders and fitters as required in grinding, buffing,
- Give hand signal directions to crane operators during lift
80 to 90% of the work activities are performed outdoors.
Individuals will be required to work in changes of temperature,
hot, cold, humid, wet, and dry conditions; dust mud etc., They may
also be exposed to fumes (Paint, paint thinners, diesel, and/or gas
Physical RequirementsStanding-Is an essential job function/physical
Walking- Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
Turning, twisting, bending and stooping- These physical
requirements are essential job functions.
Pushing and Pulling-These physical requirements are essential job
Reaching, forward and reaching overhead- These are essential job
functions /physical requirements.
Climbing- Is an essential job function /physical requirement.
Balancing, fingering, feeling, talking hearing and seeing-These are
all considered normal physical duties/requirements and would be
needed /required to work in this industrial environment is a safe
and efficient manner
Lifting - employees must be able to lift up to 25-50 pounds and
occasionally 75-100 pounds.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in
- TWIC card
- Highschool diploma or GED.PI181198305
Keywords: Gulf Island Fabrication, New Orleans , Inshore Rigger, Other , Houma, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!