Communications Specialist (Customer Communications)
Company: Entergy Corporation
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Select how often (in
days) to receive an alert: Communications Specialist (Customer
Communications)Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Company: Entergy Posting End Date: -08/15/2022 - Work Place
Flexibility: Onsite - The official job title will be:
-Communication Specialist II JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE:
The communications specialist will work collaboratively within the
communications department - specifically within the customer
communications team - and with internal business partners in
development and execution of long-term, annual and
campaign-specific communications that support the company's vision,
mission, brand and strategic endeavors. JOB
- Counsels company leaders and other employees on communication
best practices, reputation management, and strategic PR planning
- Contributes to and executes a communications strategy designed
to inform stakeholders and improve engagement.
- Monitors industry news about the corporation and topics
important to the company and identifies emerging issues.
- Gathers department information, including collecting and
analyzing Key Performance Indicators, to create reports that
demonstrate the effectiveness of communications and areas for
- Assists in the development internal and external messaging used
in talking points, news releases, web content, social media posts
and elsewhere in support of the integrated customer
- Engages proactively with leadership and other employees to
identify business needs and goals, then crafts communication plans
and materials to address those needs and goals.
- Supports storm and crisis communications efforts.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Minimum education and experience required of
Bachelor's Degree -in English, Communications or a related field,
and 3+ years of experience in external or internal communications,
social media or a relevant area is required. Communications
experience, especially working in a large matrixed organization or
a regulated industry, is a plus.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
- Strong writing, editing and communications planning skills,
including AP style knowledge.
- Ability to use or learn an array of publishing software such as
Photoshop, InDesign, Office 365, web content management systems,
social media platforms and a variety of audio, video and
infographic production programs.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position: None
Other Attributes Functional Knowledge -
- Positive communicator, creative thinker with strong writing
- Knowledge of communication best practices and how they support
organizational change. Business Expertise
- Strong consulting skills, with a keen eye on industry trends
and communications strategy.
- Ability to understand complex situations, make correlations,
and have a broad understanding of business drivers. Leadership
- Team-focused collaborator, with high degree of emotional
- Driven and focused on achieving business objectives in an
environment where diverse perspectives are welcomed.
- Ability to hold the organization and themselves accountable.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into original, meaningful
and impactful communications plans and messages.
- Ability to read landscapes and anticipate, identifying and
mitigating communications risks. Impact
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to quality and
detail. Interpersonal Skills
- Collaborative style and strong work ethic
- Able to build relationships with key people in the field and
across the organization
- Confidence to advocate (professionally but persistently) for
more transparent, simple, concise communications in a complex,
highly regulated business. #LI-JL1 Primary Location: Louisiana -
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 107859
Travel Percentage: Up to 25% An Equal Opportunity Employer,
Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full
statement. WORKING CONDITIONS: - As a provider of essential
services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work
additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform
additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies,
or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt
employees may not be paid overtime associated with such
Keywords: Entergy Corporation, New Orleans , Communications Specialist (Customer Communications), Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!