Contracts & Estimating Administrator I
Company: Oil States Industries, Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Oil States Skagit SMATCO recognizes that our diverse workforce
is our greatest asset. We offer a competitive compensation package,
including paid time off as well as health insurance eligibility on
the first day of employment. Paid time off includes vacation,
holiday and sick time. Benefits include medical, dental, vision,
401k, life insurance, long and short term disability, and flexible
spending accounts. When we contribute to the company's success, we
all win. Oil States is Currently looking for qualified candidates
for the position of Contracts & Estimating Administrator I.
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepares and distributes quotations and proposals
for new and aftermarket equipment. Reviews technical and commercial
terms of customer RFQs and RFPs. Coordinates with Sales, Project
Management, Engineering, Purchasing, and Manufacturing Departments
in the preparation of estimates, quotations, and proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proposal Development and Maintenance - Receives, acknowledges
receipt of, and reviews customers' RFP/RFQs, including thorough
examination of customer's project specifications and requirements.
Determines bidding strategy, identifies exceptions, and prepares
all required bidding documentation for assigned RFP/RFQ. Prepares
written or verbal quotations and proposals for Sales Team to
deliver to customer. Maintains proposal log weekly, prioritizing
tasks based on factors such as required due dates, type of
customer, type of equipment, bidding strategy, etc. Develops cost
estimate and proposal evaluation form. Identifies risk within the
proposal and offers mitigation strategies.
- Customer Interface - Provide continuous support to Sales Team
and internal project managers concerning customer needs and
requests. Educates customer in products and company
capabilities/competencies. Support all technical and commercial bid
evaluations with assigned RFP/RFQ, including liaising with
Corporate Legal Team and Corporate Global Materials/Welding/NDE
Team. Periodically attend customer meetings, virtually or
in-person. Must be available to travel internationally and work
extended hours as required to meet this requirement.
- Sales Order Preparation - Prepares a detailed sales order/ work
order upon receipt of customer purchase order or LOI. Hold Contract
Review Meetings with internal customers to detail the scope of work
and agreed-upon contract requirements. OTHER DUTIES AND
- Prepare cost estimates utilizing standards costs, past
manufacturing history, engineering specifications, labor hours and
rates, material costs, and other technical data.
- Consult drawings, material/ labor reports, other available
documents from prior jobs, weight charts, graphs, and additional
technical publications in the estimating and proposal preparation
- Use internal enterprise software to obtain purchasing and
- Create preliminary project schedules identifying critical path
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including
global customers and international team members.
- Periodically represent the company at meetings with key
clients, assist Sales Representative in maintaining customer
relationships, assist in negotiating and closing deals in the
absence of the Sales Representative or at the direction of
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Undertake periodic domestic and international travel as
required. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
including reading comprehension and understanding.
- Read engineering drawings and specifications related to cranes,
deck equipment and control systems.
- In-depth understanding of crane components, deck equipment
components and their use.
- Knowledge of proposal preparation.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, after hours and from
home as required.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes including
fabrication, machining, forming, coating, and mechanical assembly,
component construction and deck equipment assembly including
related man hours and costs.
- Ability to read, understand and critique commercial terms and
conditions, understanding of basic domestic and international
business contracts and agreements.
- Working within the structure of teams.
- Valid Passport and availability for international travel as
- Knowledge of international business environments, and
traditions unique to the various parts of the world.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously,
while still meeting customer deadlines.
- Ability to follow detailed and complex instructions. EDUCATION
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred in
Business, Marketing or Engineering.
- Experience working in the offshore oil and gas industry, or a
manufacturing environment is beneficial.
- Prior contract development or estimating experience in a
similar industry is beneficial.
- Advanced mathematical skills, including algebra, trigonometry,
- Good working knowledge of computer and Microsoft software
including Word, Excel, Teams, Project, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Prolonged sitting
- Frequent standing and walking
- Some lifting, bending, kneeling, and climbing
Keywords: Oil States Industries, Inc, New Orleans , Contracts & Estimating Administrator I, Other , Houma, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!