Commercial Lines Marketer/Carrier Placement Strategist
Company: HUB International
Posted on: September 24, 2022
About Hub International
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 5th largest global
insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of
property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee
benefits, investment and wealth management products and services.
With over 13,000 employees in 475+ offices throughout North
America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry
leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
What We Offer You
At HUB we believe in investing in the future of our employees. Our
entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment of open feedback and
improvement that empowers our people to make the best decisions for
our customers and organization. We offer:
- Competitive salaries and benefits offerings
- Medical/dental/vision insurance and voluntary insurance
- Health Savings Account funding
- 401k matching program
- Company paid Life and Short-Term Disability Plans
- Supplemental Life and Long-Term Disability Options
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Generous PTO Package - Vacation, Holiday, Sick, and Personal
- Great work/life balance, because that's important for all of
- Focus on creating a meaningful environment through employee
- The ability to be a part of a motivated, winning team with the
opportunity to learn from colleagues who are amongst the top talent
in the industry!
- Growth potential - HUB is constantly growing and so can your
- A rewarding career that helps local businesses in the
- Strong community support and involvement through HUB Gives
Under the direction of the CSO and/or Marketing Manager, is
responsible for the effective marketing of insurance risks to
companies in accordance with the practices, policies and procedures
of the Company.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in the analysis of line of business and insurance
company production trends and make recommendations to correct
- Market all lines of commercial insurance and directly impacts
revenue goals through the acquisition of new business and the
retention of renewals.
- Underwrite commercial accounts within insurance company
delegated underwriting authority, guidelines and procedures.
- Acts as account liaison for the producer in dealing with other
departments within Hub International Gulf South for the quoting of
specialized lines of coverage.
- Assist producers with pre-underwriting information gathering
and coverage analysis if needed.
- Execute a quality control process for quotations delivered
assuring coverage, condition, rating and pricing accuracy.
- Effectively build relationships with insurance company
underwriters through a pattern of professional risk submissions,
company visitations and hard, but fair, negotiations.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge of market underwriting
appetite, line of business trends, insurance company changes,
rating technique and coverage development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company utilization
strategies by appropriate risk submissions.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to
perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills,
and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If
this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent
must maintain that license or certification by meeting all
continuing education and other requirements.
- 3-5+ years of marketing or underwriting experience
- Knowledge of all forms of property and casualty coverage
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lines coverages and
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal
English communications skills
- Ability or adaptability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking
- Knowledge of agency management systems (Epic experience a
- College degree preferred but not required
- Intermediate to Advanced Level of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g.
Word, Excel, and Outlook)
The physical and environmental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or
hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: College diploma (3-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of
race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or
any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws,
rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement
is available here
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process,
please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193
orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is
for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact
information to inquire about the status of applications.
Keywords: HUB International, New Orleans , Commercial Lines Marketer/Carrier Placement Strategist, Other , Metairie, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!