Company: Winn-Dixie Retail Stores
Posted on: September 24, 2022
OverviewSoutheastern Grocers is committed to a culture of
belonging and fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate
differences. As a -great place to work, we empower everyone to be
their full, authentic selves. Read our -Belonging, Inclusion and
Diversity Statement here. -Job Title: Meat Cutter Location: Retail
Grocery Location Position OverviewThe meat cutter is responsible
for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing
courteous and prompt service, consistent operating conditions and a
friendly atmosphere. Under supervision, this position cuts meat to
specifications for variety, size, quality and trim. - - Primary
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist
and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner
- Prepare and package food products and process customer orders
to their specifications; process fresh meats, smoked meats,
seafood, random weight, lunchmeat, frozen food and salted meats to
- Receive and breakdown meat deliveries.
- Utilize peak time performance cutting lists to cut and trim all
products as directed by company standards.
- Properly wrap, weigh and price product as needed.
- Properly cube, slice and grind meat as needed.
- Observe local, state and government weights and measure laws,
sanitation standards, grinding logs and Country of Origin
- Observe safety standards while working with power
- Offer product suggestions when appropriate.
- Stock and rotate department products to ensure freshness and
date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate
waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Operate department equipment and tools.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards;
report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Notify management of team member theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is
illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to
obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and
- High standard of intergrity and reliability. Required Behaviors
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company
demonstrating a commitment to the companys goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of
success with immediate feedback to build an environment of
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the
customer comes first always by putting the customers needs above
- People Passion through consistently treating others with
respect and dignity. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures. -
Keywords: Winn-Dixie Retail Stores, New Orleans , Meat Cutter, Other , Franklinton, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!