Line Cook - AVO TACO
Company: AVO TACO
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: November 26, 2022
If you enjoy an upbeat, positive work environment, and can
deliver amazing customer service with a hundred-watt smile, AVO
TACO is the place for you! We are a new fast-casual brand with a
big background and we are looking for hospitality rockstars who
will take pride in being able to offer our customers delicious food
while also creating genuine moments of connection with our guests -
making a difference in their day.
Big possibilities lie ahead for you - to grow as a person and in
your career. It's truly all waiting here for you at Avo Taco.
Our ideal team member will have a fun and outgoing personality and
will welcome all guests to the AVO TACO brand.
*Benefits Include: *
- Health Insurance, including Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Discounted Meals
- Training & Development
- Career Advancement
*Primary Activities & Responsibilities: *
* Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as
equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and
sanitary food-handling practices.
* Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by
regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers,
roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
* Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality,
keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
* Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant's standard
portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen
rules, policies and procedures.
* Responsible for the quality of products served.
* Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to support a smooth service period.
* Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies
according to restaurant policies and procedures.
* Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
* Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment
* Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other
* Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or
personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and
* Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard portion
sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers or
* Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked
sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing
them with utensils.
* Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all
* Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them
* Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as
* Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush
* Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen
stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
* Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for
* Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests' needs
and support the operation of the restaurant.
* Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service
standards and efficient operations.
* Ability to lift 12 kg.
* Reasonable range of motion such as bending, stooping, standing,
walking, stirring, lifting to complete physical tasks related to
* Reliable and capable of working independently or following
* Positive attitude and work ethic;
* Ability to work well under pressure with the ability to
self-manage timelines and deadlines;
* Excellent multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail
* Good judgment and strong sense of integrity;
* Excellent organization skills and ability to be flexible with
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid sick time
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Fast casual restaurant
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: AVO TACO, New Orleans , Line Cook - AVO TACO, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!