Company: USG Corporation
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Description - Internal
1. Battery maintenance
2. Operation of electrical test equipment including voltmeter,
megger and amprobe
3. Install, perform preventive maintenance & troubleshoot motor
control & lighting systems using wiring schematics
4. Motor starters - size & change overloads & heaters
5. Three phase motor wiring termination
6. Motors: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting &
7. Motor brakes: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting &
8. Advanced control system troubleshooting including PLC control
using wiring schematics
9. Burner controls: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting
10. PLC & associated hardware - installation, troubleshooting &
11. PLC main components familiarization
12. PLC hardware wiring
13. Interpret instrumentation schematics/symbols
14. Instrumentation equipment - install, troubleshoot & repair
15. RTD's & Thermocouples - install, troubleshoot & repair
16. Ink jet printer systems - install, troubleshoot & repair
17. Use HMI screens to troubleshoot and understand process
18. Understand AC motor/VFD theory
19. VFD power & control wiring
20. VFD installation & configuration
21. Parameter modifications
22. VFD troubleshooting & maintenance
23. Conduit & cable tray design , layout and installation.
24. Transformer sizing & wiring
25. Fuse, wire sizing, & conduit fill ratios
26. Install various electrical controls
27. Interpret electrical schematics & symbols
28. Identify motor data
29. Basic understanding of NEC codes
Qualifications - Internal
1. Must have a basic understanding of electrical concepts such as
480 volt and 2300 volt.
2. Must have an understanding of NFPA 70E code.
3. Must be able to accept "on-call" responsibility.
4. Must be able to perform basic welding tasks.
5. Must be able to run rigid aluminum conduit.
6. Must have a safe working history.
7. Must have demonstrated an excellent attendance history.
8. Must have the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
9. Must have excellent basic mathematic skills.
10. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
11. The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
12. Must have basic PLC and VFD drive knowledge.
13. Must demonstrate the ability to work without direct
14. Must pass a basic electrical skills test.
Since 1902, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing
innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything
from major commercial developments and residential housing to home
improvements. USG's employees are committed to the highest levels
of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our
steadfast commitment to the company's core business values -
innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and
safety - have helped us become the company we are today.
EOE including disability/veteran%17898006%
Keywords: USG Corporation, New Orleans , Industrial Electrician, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!