Safety Specialist - Slidell, LA
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Responsible for the implementation of company environmental, health
and safety programs and procedures for all business units and
facilities within the Management Area that comply with company
policies and industry regulatory requirements, including reporting.
Help ensure conformity to applicable federal, state, and local
standards related to environmental compliance and occupational
health and safety (i.e. OSHA, EPA, DEP, DOT, NFPA, ANSI, etc).
Responsible for accident data compilation, abatement, record
keeping, safety communication and awareness, and audits of field
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively communicate safety and environmental compliance
messages to all levels; provide technical support to front-line
leadership & employees on matters related to occupational safety,
environmental compliance, and loss prevention.
- Assist in performing program audits to continuously check and
improve safety & environmental performance, working
cross-functionally with the appropriate and affected teams.
- Investigate incidents and non-compliance events.
- Assist with the collection and submission of data required to
satisfy environmental permit and reporting requirements (i.e. Air
Permit reports, Tier II, HMBP, etc.).
- Liaise with regulatory agencies on matters related to reporting
and/or investigating compliance concerns.
- Participate in and/or facilitate safety committee meetings as
- Identify operational risks and propose preventive
- Assist in implementing programs designed to control, eliminate,
and prevent occupational disease and/or injury caused by physical,
chemical, biological agents or ergonomic factors.
- Support manager and coordinate with the Sr Safety Specialist in
keeping management abreast of current safety & environmental
performance, potential hazards, serious incidents, regulatory
inquires and changes to guidelines affecting safety and/or
environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain safety & environmental records and other related
documentation for designated area of responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to industry specific, local, state and federal
regulations as applicable.
- Know understand, promote and follow company policies.
- Coordinate safety & environmental awareness events,
evaluations, program deployment, and other related activities.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor. REQUIRED
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of company products and services
- Basic knowledge of fire prevention programs
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT regulations
- Basic knowledge of the methods for safety & environmental
- Basic knowledge of safety & environmental auditing, incident
investigation, and reporting.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Field Operations and Field Engineering job
- Valid driver's licenses with satisfactory driving record within
Company required standards Required Education
- High School diploma Required Related Work Experience and Number
- Safety, Environmental, or equivalent experience - 2+ PREFERRED
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Analytical and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Working knowledge of OSHA , EPA, DOT regulations
- First Aid/CPR/AED Facilitator Certification Preferred Education
- Associate's degree in Safety, Health, Environmental, or related
field or equivalent experience
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
recommended. Examples: OSHA 30 General Industry or Construction;
Associate Environmental Profession (AEP). Preferred Related Work
Experience and Number of Years
- Industry experience-2+ WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- Field exposure
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
- Work in inclement weather
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the
day or night PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of
weather Mental Requirements
- Ability to determine incident root causes and the ability to
recommend preventive actions
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees (Executive to
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: SPECTRUM, New Orleans , Safety Specialist - Slidell, LA, Other , Slidell, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!