Posted on: January 26, 2023
Why work for us? Driven by our purpose: Building progress for
people and the planet. We are transforming to become the leader in
innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim US offers an
unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt,
concrete products and construction services that have been the
foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. To move
the industry forward to a greener future we need people who are
passionate about sustainability, are driven to shape and influence
perception and keen to build, grow and thrive in our
high-performance culture. Are you ready to build progress with us?
Overview The Loader Operator ensures incoming materials are
properly stored or stockpiled. Maintains inventory of stored
materials. Maintains materials in a safe and orderly manner.
Responsibilities * Operates straight or articulated rubber-tired
tractor-type vehicle equipped with front-mounted hydraulically
powered bucket or scoop to lift and transport bulk materials to and
from storage or processing areas.
* Performs the day-to-day activities of a plant (Ready Mix), duties
could include tasks associated with maintaining the stationary
equipment of various plants.
* Starts engine, shifts gears, presses pedals, and turns steering
wheel to operate loader. Moves levers to lower and tilt bucket and
drives front-end loader forward to force bucket into bulk material.
Moves levers to raise and tilt bucket when filled, drives vehicle
to work site, and moves levers to dump material.
* Perform assignments outlined by supervisors and standard
procedures are followed in the performance of duties. Work is
inspected periodically for safety and economy in operation.
Performs routine maintenance on loader, such as lubricating,
fueling, and cleaning.
* Maintain equipment in proper working order.
* Maintain and review maintenance logs for repairs.
* Maintain an effective system of communications with supervisors,
drivers and crew, laborers and operators, and customers
* Safely operate loader and perform mechanic and general labor
* Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with
company policies and procedures.
* Ability to follow instructions, maintain good housekeeping around
the plant site.
* Perform daily pre-trip safety inspections, report defects or
* Load bins to ensure appropriate stock levels and load haul trucks
while maintaining safe area for stock piling and customer load
* Maintain berms in appropriate areas.
* Use safe practices in all activities Qualifications * Required:
12 months of loader operator experience with CAT 950.
* Required: Prior work experience preferred working in or around
heavy equipment, construction or asphalt.
* Required: Basic mechanical maintenance knowledge and skills.
* Required: Proven safety record.
* Required: Able to lift up to 50 pound
Keywords: Holcim, New Orleans , Loader Operator, Other , Metairie, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!