Company: Audubon Nature Institute Inc
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 27, 2023
General Summary: Bartender will provide necessary help with the
setting up and breaking down of events as well as provide
professional service throughout an event. They will assist the
Beverage Manager/Captain with the storage of product and the
maintenance of equipment used in the special event function.
To deliver on the Audubon mission, the Catering Bartender will:
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
* Report to work in a complete uniform according to Catering
* Greet and welcome guests into our exceptional facilities.
* Accommodate and serve guests at Audubon Nature Institute
functions in an appropriate, friendly manner.
* Use extensive knowledge of drinks to make recommendations to
guests to further their experience.
* Consistently replenish product, glassware and ice supply in order
to provide uninterrupted service to guests.
* Assist in bussing and in other necessary catering functions
whenever primary responsibilities allow.
Enhance guest experience
* When designing/dressing bars and when specialty drinks and/or
Martini bars are requested, bartenders will use their creative
capabilities to design a beverage station equal to Caterings level
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and
* Make drinks in a conservative manner using the appropriate pour
* Bring product to bar only as needed to avoid potential waste.
The above listed duties are general statements of required major
duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous
basis. They do not exclude other duties as assigned.
To deliver on the Audubon service promise, the Catering Bartender
* Make eye contact with every customer encounter, smile at every
person, offer friendly phrases and greetings.
* Wear identification badge.
* Walk individual to destination instead of pointing
* Assume ownership of potential safety hazards (wipe-up spill, pick
up trash). Always have the camera-ready look.
* Maintain positive attitude, pleasant tone of voice (remember it
is not what you say, but how you say it).
* Coach coworkers on service expectations.
* Utilize the power of teamwork to give excellent service.
* Know when to involve management.
* Know the answers to questions or seek out the answers.
* Ensure work area is free of food and personal items.
* Follow Dress Code Policy on clothing and grooming.
* Keep unpleasant concerns behind closed doors (vent
Experience: Prior bartending or banquet bar experience preferred
but not required.
1. High school diploma
Licensure/Certification: Louisiana Certification for serving
Software Requirements: none
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to
use mobile devices, phone, bar tools and golf cart.
1. Active Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or
a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull,
or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sitting or
standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items
weighing up to 50 pounds.
2. Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
3. Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less
4. Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written
data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and
ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or
5. Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange
6. Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and
1. Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
2. Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner
3. May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
4. Constant contact with co-workers required.
5. Affinity for animals preferred.
6. Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
7. Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.
Keywords: Audubon Nature Institute Inc, New Orleans , Bartender, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!