AD, Regional Markets - South Coast - Remote
Company: Novartis Group Companies
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: March 19, 2023
AD, Regional Markets - South Coast - Remote
Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The Associate Director, Regional Markets South Coast geography is a remote field-based role that primarily focuses on:
Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Kentucky. The individual must live within the geography and must be near major metropolitan airport; Travel, as required, and potentially on short notice.
The Associate Director, Regional Markets aims to contribute and ensure execution of short to mid-term sustainability of each territory's healthcare ecosystem through territory-specific collaboration initiatives and key Novartis US Pharmaceutical product strategies that seek to improve access at scale for patients through the identification and connection of key market influencers that impact the territory healthcare efficiency potential.
This position will work collaboratively with several cross-functional colleagues across Market Access, Public Affairs, State Government Affairs, Healthcare Systems Engagement, Patient Specialty Services (PSS), Pricing and Channel Strategy, Portfolio Strategy, Finance, Trade, ERC, Legal. This role will also interface with key leaders within the Integrated Marketing Organization and the Customer Engagement Organization to achieve Novartis business goals by ensuring profitable and favourable coverage/access for the entire US IM portfolio, while collaborating with Commercial Access Integration colleagues to maximize pull through and sales volume.
This position will be responsible for affecting millions of lives across their targeted accounts within the assigned territories. The Associate Director will be responsible for creating territory and specific account focused business solutions that seek to meet both external customer and NPC business needs by effectively executing channel specific solutions that ultimately lead to customer satisfaction and sales maximization.
Your Key Responsibilities:
* Collaborates with Director, Regional Markets and associated leadership team to set team goals that are in line with organization's goals and monitors team's success/progress and ensures all goals are being met or trending toward success on a regular basis.
* Responsible for complete business ownership of assigned territory Markets, including inputs to select regional payer accounts; leverages regional insights to create meaningful pull through assets; develops product specific and portfolio access strategies in line with Therapeutic Area sales goals and customer needs; aligns account and market access strategy with other key Sales, Marketing, Medical and NAPA functions and ensures cross-functional support.
* Contribute to the regional Markets team in building account engagement plans, market profiles, downstream activation and organizational communication where applicable.
* Significant experience in business-to-business negotiations and collaborations with proven ability to form long-term, impactful relationships.
* Drives regional market development integrating deeper and broader with regional accounts to secure appropriate medical policy and reimbursement for NVS portfolio within the assigned region.
* Creates and implements programs designed to build mid to long-term relationships with key influencers within regions, based on deep understanding of the regional market, customer business strategy and priorities.
* In partnership with Director, Regional Markets and Acct Mgmt, Pricing & Channel Strategy, creates and implements contract strategies designed to build long-term relationships with assigned accounts, based on deep understanding of the organization, structure, business priorities.
* As a territory leader, identifies future trends and develops customer-centric business solutions that capitalize on eco-system market opportunities; communicates these solutions to team and customers as appropriate for the region in scope.
Customer-facing roles only:
While Novartis does not require vaccination for Covid-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for Covid-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers' (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $174,400.00 and $261,600.00/ year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You'll Bring to the Role:
* A minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience, including minimum of +2 years of managed markets/healthcare market access experience
* Good knowledge of and experience with complex US payer system, including established experience with Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) and employer groups
* Knowledge of commercial insurance systems, methodology, and reimbursement policies and processes.
* Experience with creating, developing and overseeing the implementation/execution large market initiatives.
* Ability to analyze, interpret and understand regulatory and legislative payer and healthcare policies and how to pull through opportunities for impact.
* Strong problem solving, business planning and analytical skills
* Thorough understanding of the health care laws and healthcare reform governing this sector.
* Proven management and leadership skills; Strong senior stakeholder management and strategic project management skills
* Strong written and oral communications to shape and articulate a clear strategy/story
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Field roles with a dedicated training period only:
The individual hired for this role will be required to successfully complete certain initial training, including home study, in eight (8) or fewer hours per day and forty (40) or fewer hours per week.
New Orleans, LA
Keywords: Novartis Group Companies, New Orleans , AD, Regional Markets - South Coast - Remote, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
here to apply!