Company: Capstone Logistics, LLC
Location: Pearl River
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Shift: 3rd Shift
- 8pm - Finish
- Tuesday - Saturday
Compensation:N/AWe are looking for a Supervisor to join our team
and be part of something great. We have an outstanding career
opportunity for a driven, successful Supervisor with 2-5 years of
increasing management responsibility in the
distribution/transportation fields. This position offers a
competitive salary, bonus potential and a benefit package after 30
This is the final step before taking over your own site. You will
learn to represent Capstone with our Partners, manage day to day
activates with associates, all the while ensuring that safety and
productivity are always the focus. At this stage, you may be asked
to run portions of the business or perhaps an entire shift. The
Site Supervisor will train new hires and provide an environment
that is team centric. This is the training opportunity to hone the
skills necessary to run your own site. With the growth that
Capstone has experienced over the past years, it could be sooner
than you think!
- Negotiation of rates with common carrier
- Running site with safety and efficiency as priorities
- Writing and balancing daily bank deposits
- Creation of daily work logs and transmission of same to
- Audit of daily labor and billing reports
- Ensure customer needs are met on a daily basis.
- Document and resolve any customer service or associate issues
- Ensure all associates follow Capstone policies and work rules
including Capstone safety work rules.
- Hold weekly safety meetings and ensure associate
- Assist in managing Site and Departmental budget.
- Scheduling associate shifts based on customer
- Interview, hire, and train new associates.
- Supervise timely and accurate data entry for all services
- Complete daily closeout, including cash balancing, data upload,
and payroll record administration according to Capstone policies
and standard operating procedures.
- 2 years of supervisory / leadership experience in an industrial
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service
to internal and external customers.
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to solve problems and make effective decisions in a
- Ability to manage budgets; read and interpret P&L
statements; and prepare related management reports.
- Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to stand for long period of times.
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment as
- Ability to work in warehouse environment on concrete flooring
and in varying temperatures
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain or Third-Party experience
- BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree with Equivalent Experience is
a plus but no required
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer
- The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize
assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse
- Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees
including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
- Experience with managing budgets and ability to create &
maintain various management reports.
- Intermediate computer experience, ideally with Microsoft
- Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and
subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking.
- College degree is a plus.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of
work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to
represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job
responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and
expanded over time.
Capstone Logistics, LLC is part of The Transportation and Logistics
industry which has been designated a "Critical Infrastructure
Segment". As a "critical infrastructure industry" worker in the
Transportation and Logistics industry, associates are considered
exempt from local restrictions such as curfews, shelter-in-place
orders, and other mobility restrictions when reporting to,
returning from, or performing his or her work functions.
Keywords: Capstone Logistics, LLC, New Orleans , Supervisor, Other , Pearl River, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...