Systems Safety Engineer - New Orleans, LA
Company: Davidson Technologies
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Davidson seeking a Systems Safety Engineer - New Orleans, LA.
Experience in the development of system safety, environmental
management, institutional safety, and occupational health programs
for both DOD and NASA projects (NASA SLS a plus).
Job Responsibilities :
- Flight hardware, tooling, and facilities hazard analysis and
- System safety, institutional safety, and occupational health
disciplines hazard assessment methodologies
- Safety program requirements definition and dissemination,
program execution, and oversight. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or
Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 15+
years of system safety engineering experience
- Experience in analyzing flight hardware and production/facility
operations for the identification of both product safety and
personnel risk issues
- Experience in developing and providing cost effective solutions
for the elimination or mitigation of identified risk.
- Including facility and tooling Operational Readiness Reviews to
ensure facility, tool, and personnel readiness prior to the
commencement of first time tasks or after modifications to
production related facilities and tools. Desired
- Experience in both system safety and institutional safety risk
assessment methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of hazard analysis methodologies and experience in
the development of operation and support hazard analysis.
- Ability to perform detailed hazard assessments on work specific
- Knowledgeable in Federal and State OSHA, DOT, and EPA
requirements, as well as DOD/MIL-STD-882 and NASA System safety
- Practical experience in communicating issues and resolutions to
all levels within the organization, and to both internal and
external customer representatives.
- Ability to interface and partner with Program Managers,
Project/Program Customers, Corporate and Business Area
Environmental Safety and Health, System Safety, and Quality
Assurance program leadership to ensure goals and objectives are
- Experienced in identifying and mitigating safety risks
associated with large metal pressurized systems, propulsion
systems, electrical, and thermal protection systems on complex
Must hold an Active Secret Security Clearance
Keywords: Davidson Technologies, New Orleans , Systems Safety Engineer - New Orleans, LA, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...