Company: Venture Global LNG
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Venture Global LNG ("Venture Global") is a long-term, low-cost
provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company's
Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North
American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean
and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven
technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture
Global's modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional
designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational
reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of
Working at Plaquemines LNG, the Environmental Specialist is
responsible for providing leadership, advice and guidance on
environmental matters related to the facility. Responsible for
effective development, implementation, maintenance and continuous
improvement of Environmental policies, standards and systems
required to drive Venture Global's environmental performance and
continuous improvement activities.
The position is based at the Plaquemines LNG Terminal.
- Oversee the environmental compliance aspects regarding air for
Plaquemines Operations, in order to ensure that all operations and
activities are conducted in accordance with the relevant
- Be involved in both administrative and fieldwork activities
including but not limited to data collection and analysis for
permitting, reporting and compliance requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all Title V environmental requirements
(statutes, regulations, permits, licenses, policies and procedures)
through inspections, testing and evaluation of plant operations and
develop and implement plans and procedures for use.
- Monitor the environmental management of the operations
implementing control techniques and methodologies.
- Plan and track environmental air compliance issues in
- As requested by VG EM, provide an interface with the relevant
- Ensure that knowledge of environmental protection standards and
regulations for air emissions is updated and disseminated.
- Organize vendors for required emissions testing.
- Assist in the preparation of technical documents and compliance
reporting, including gathering supporting documentation, conducting
environmental assessments, and participating in communications to
- Ensure that the environmental management system conforms to
certification standards and Company policies.
- Implement techniques and operating methods for environmental
planning, training and control.
- Conduct internal environmental audits.
- Apply Workplace Health and Safety standards to all business
activity and adhere to relevant policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Environmental Manager and/or
Environmental Supervisor. Qualifications:
- Degree in Environmental Management/Sciences,
Civil/Environmental/Chemical/industrial process engineering or
similar degree from accredited program, with preference given to
- At least 5 years Environmental experience within the Oil and
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local air regulations
regarding permitting and compliance reporting requirements for
Title V, PSD, NESHAPs, NSPS, MACT, GHG, LAC Title 33, and TRI. LDAR
- Ability to evaluate and clearly communicate both verbal and
written technical information.
- Ability to complete highly technical and complex air emissions
calculations in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow complex
requests; work independently.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
other applications as needed for effective job performance.
- Experience with commissioning air emissions.
- Experience within an Oil and Gas operator is essential.
- Experience with Louisiana air compliance is essential.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of environmental systems and
- Must be able to work in hot and humid environments, outdoors
and lift 50 pounds. Skills:
- Moderate leadership and administrative abilities are
- Must have strong operational knowledge of the facility and
equipment and be able to relate with associated construction and
maintenance activities taking place in the entire complex.
- Must have the skills necessary to coordinate multiple
activities and understand the impact they have with other areas of
the operation. Complete understanding of regulatory agency and
company requirements concerning first line break, hot work, cold
work, confined space, LOTO, JSA, etc. which are critical safeguards
in the facility for the health and safety of the personnel, care
and control of equipment and protection of the environment.
- Must be able to adapt to changing conditions and make decisions
with minimal supervision.
- Must have good communication skills to interact with company
and contract personnel and possess knowledge to clearly understand
hazards associated with work performed.
- Needs to be a positive and open-minded person, able to interact
with other disciplines, self-motivating and able to work in a
- He or she must be a good planner and organizer.
- He/she must be very conscious of Quality, Health, Safety,
Security and Environmental issues in the facility by attending
meetings and daily communication with plant supervision and
- Computer knowledge including Apple Mac, Microsoft Office Suite
including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project & PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential
(TWIC) card in good standing status. Direct Reports:
- N/A Work Conditions:
- Job is performed in an industrial plant environment.
- Limited travel and temporary assignment required as business
- Subject to drug & alcohol testing, per applicable federal
regulations or as required by Venture Global LNG. ADA Job
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the
essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the
employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or
mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other
basis covered by appropriate law.
Keywords: Venture Global LNG, New Orleans , Environmental Specialist, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...