Lead Solutions Architect
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Lead Solution Architect directs all aspects of Software
Architecture (SA) including the use, integration, design and life
cycle of applications across the enterprise and creates high-level
architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility and integration
with existing systems/platforms. Responsibilities include both
leadership and participation in the development of requirements and
principles of the future state of SA, as well as ensuring that
application design, implementation and documentation are in line
with the guidelines of architectural standards. This position is
responsible for ensuring standards of application development are
followed; assumes the role of architect on multiple projects and
guides teams in daily design and refactoring tasks; participates
with technical team in evaluating emerging technologies and
documenting existing architectures; and determines specifications,
then plans, designs and provides direction to address complex
critical application or system needs.
- Collaborate with software developers, business analysts, and
software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain
- Provide a balanced view of all key architectural quality
metrics such as performance, scalability, reliability,
availability, agility, and interoperability
- Advise and mentor others on application or systems issues root
cause analysis, resolution, and debugging as a subject matter
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement
and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members
and other affected parties
Requirements and Qualifications
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, MIS, or related
- Knowledge of the following required: Microsoft SQL Server, Java
Web frameworks Java EE / Jakarta EE (EJB, CDI, JPA, JSF), Java
Swing, Inter Service Messaging (Rabbit MQ Queue, Rabbit MQ Stream,
and Azure Service Bus), web applications development (CSS,
- 10+ years Java Development
- 7+ years with TFS
- 7+ years of experience with Java EE Application Servers,
WebLogic, WildFly, Open Liberty.
- 7+ years of experience with Git, Maven, SonarQube.
- 5+ years MS SQL Server
- 5+ years of experience with API Management Software
- 5+ years of experience with Scrum framework
- 3+ years with Azure DevOps Build and Release Pipelines.
- Skills and Abilities
- Senior level DevOps skills including build management using the
Maven Project Object Model.
- Experience establishing and maintaining source control
repositories and branching methodologies.
- Release management and configuration.
- Application Server middleware configuration, tuning and
- Experience with Agile project delivery
- Design, document, communicate and implement data flow and ERD
changes required for solution
- Work with both programming group and back-office group to
- Program solutions based on delivered or derived
- Analyze systems or programming problems and develop
- Determine the symptoms/causes of process problems involved in
information processing systems and resolves using appropriate
- Ability to logically analyze systems and/or programming
problems and develop satisfactory solutions in a timely
- Prepare documentation, data flow and/or ERD diagrams required
to communicate solution prior to coding
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment
towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good organizational skills.
- Willingness to learn other technologies as the business need
- Demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to
- Ability to work without direct supervision and work
productively in a team environment.
- Always keep work area neat in appearance.
- Maintain high level of customer service.
- Insight to Others (Recognizes the key factors required to
successfully sell difficult or unpopular ideas and to implement
challenging projects. Reads and understands management agendas and
manages people and transition with safety and awareness).
- Ability to Influence (Conveys conviction and has a unique
talent to build consensus to achieve commitment to action.
Identifies how others' needs and interests are served and
addressed. Shows unusual poise and finesse. Finds compromises
without detracting from essential goals and objectives or avoiding
- Relationship Building (Carries strong credibility with a wide
variety of people. Networks broadly. Projects genuine tolerance,
empathy, and sensitivity. Is open and non-defensive. Conveys a
sincere acceptance of others. Takes an on-going and active interest
in strengthening rapport).
- Customer Orientation (Blends flawlessly with customer team to
fully identify and capture its issues, both short-and long-term.
Ensures high level of customer satisfaction by constantly adjusting
project direction, technical options and probing for new
responsibilities to meet customer requirements).
- Team Development (Fins opportunities for synergy and
discourages unhealthy competition. Demonstrates unique talent for
pulling people together. Designs creative, resourceful, and
imaginative development activities. Facilitates cross communication
to build group support for initiatives. Demonstrates a strong
concern for others
Hours of Work
- Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to
- This position requires overtime and occasional weekend work as
job duties demand.
- Occasional travel may be necessary, sometimes with little or no
Physical and Environmental Demand
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop
computers and smartphones.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is
required. This would require the ability to lift up to 25
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of the work being performed. This is not an exhaustive list
of all duties and responsibilities. The company reserves the right
to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and
organizational needs as necessary with or without notice.
Keywords: IMTT, New Orleans , Lead Solutions Architect, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...