Personal Relationship Banker
Company: Hancock Whitney
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the
button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in
with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to
your application information. You may review, modify, or update
your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Proactively source, acquire, expand and retain customer
relationships by maximizing sales opportunities with the Mass
Affluent consumer customer base. Ensure a world-class customer
experience for all current and prospective customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop strategies to grow the customer base and implement
appropriate sales plans to target prospective customers and to
build external business development opportunities.
* Execute integrated sales, relationship, and credit strategies
that are aligned with the branch's and banks plan.
* Transform service transactions into sales opportunities according
to customer need.
Provide value and advice to help our customers succeed financially
and achieve deep lifetime relationships. Meet all customer needs
and strive to be their primary financial services company. * Deploy
all Step-Up, routines to maximize sales and service delivery
including, conducting outbound calling activities, LMS calls, and
completing client profile worksheet.
* Execute all routines and meet all scorecard goals.
* Cultivate partnerships with key business partners to drive sales
and ensure that all customer needs are met.
* Establish and maintain key relationships and business contacts
within the community and targeted industry segments and strategic
initiatives to create opportunities for growth.
* Achieve PRB production goals by expanding existing relationships
and acquiring new consumer business, utilizing effective calling
techniques and leveraging all bank products and services.
* Adhere to operational controls, including legal, corporate, and
regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer
and bank assets.
* Participate proactively in all huddles, Friday sales meetings,
branch communications and meetings.
* Create a warm, welcoming and friendly environment for customers
* Foster teamwork in the branch to ensure a positive overall
* Demonstrate positive, can-do attitude and Hancock Hospitality
* Support sales/service activities within the Branch by
participating in seminars, marketing events, promotional campaigns,
product initiatives, etc.
* Refer opportunities to appropriate business partners when
* Provide ongoing coaching to Tellers and other FSA s within the
branch to effectively identify referral opportunities.
* Partner with Tellers to create a seamless referral process.
* Proactively educate customers on utilizing available access
channels (i.e. ATM, Online and Telephone Banking).
* Resolve customer complaints/issues promptly and effectively. Take
responsibility for all customer complaints and problems until
* Completes branch regulatory compliance through computer-based
training modules and other Hancock University efforts/classes
* Participates in Branch Disaster Recovery Planning including all
facets of pre and post-disaster events
* Attends or provides employee training to improve efficiency and
ensure conformance to standard procedures and practices
* Attends meetings conducted by Branch Manager, RA Manager, or
Division Manager to stay informed
* Handles in-branch operational customer complaints from inception
* Establishes and maintains contact with banking-related industries
such as insurance, real estate, and securities
* Serves as an authorized signer on official checks
* Demonstrates professionalism to include demeanor, dress, and
BINDER AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
ACTIVE MANAGEMENT OF THE MASS AFFLUENT BINDER OF ASSIGNED NUMBER OF
CLIENT ACCOUNTS, TO INCLUDE;
* Retaining and expanding banking relationships with clients by
profiling and tailoring financial solutions to satisfy client needs
in order to meet established individual and team goals.
* Making proactive outbound calls to Mass Affluent consumer
relationships within PRB binder.
* Actively manage WebOD process while adhering to operational
controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to
ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets.
* Manage each account to ensure that the client has a completed
profile, is introduced to the appropriate product specialists and
that accounts are properly maintained and serviced.
* Ensure that the proposed products and services maximize the
client s needs, goals and objectives
* Monitor loan portfolio, address and resolve issues to maintain
quality of credits
* Actively maintain loan portfolio of consumer and small business
loans as assigned
* Actively monitor past due payments through the life of a loan,
including working with the borrower to resolve any addressable
* Actively monitor maturing loans for up sell or cross sale
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor's degree preferred (preferably in a business related
field) from a four-year college or university or equivalent
* 3 years retail/branch banking experience.
* 2 years previous success in sales as an individual
* Proven ability to form and expand client relationships.
* Proficiency in operating and to navigating multiple banking
systems and applications, and utilize search tools to find
* Annuity and State Life Insurance licenses
* This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and
Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. Employment
is contingent upon meeting initial and ongoing registration
requirements, including acceptable background investigation
* Advanced knowledge of applicable banking products and regulations
Experience leading or participating in events and activities for
local networks or professional organizations, such as the chamber
of commerce, professional business groups, or chapters of national
organizations such as the United
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate related equipment to perform the essential job
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform
the essential job functions
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to
perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to
lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing
the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be
accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical
This job description is only valid as of the date it was revised.
Please contact the HR Compensation Department to obtain the latest
version. Information contained herein should be treated as
confidential to Hancock Holding Company.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO
ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of
disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran,
disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock Whitney, New Orleans , Personal Relationship Banker, Other , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!