Company: Transdev Inc
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: February 16, 2020
This job will be responsible for the planning, scheduling,
directing and controlling of the maintenance operations of the Bus
or Rail Garage. This involves the supervision of licensed coach
technicians, body persons, and other semi-skilled and unskilled
employees. The incumbents manage cleaning, servicing, inspection,
maintenance, repair and emergency road services functions for both
revenue and non-revenue vehicles in order to provide safe, clean
and mechanically reliable vehicles to the Operations Department.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager the incumbent may be
called upon to conduct training sessions, technical investigations
and undertake procedural quality audits. The incumbent may be
required to substitute for other supervisory staff, including the
Maintenance Manager during periods of absences.
* Provide sufficient numbers of clean, serviced and safe buses to
the Operations Department as scheduled
* Performing MTO safety inspections, completing and signing MTO
certificates, affixing the associated stickers and maintain the
* Perform random quality checks to ensure that repairs and
maintenance functions that are made to vehicle systems are correct
and meet MTO, the regions and Transdev's standards.
* Perform inspection quality checks to ensure all servicing and
cleaning functions are carried out according to current procedures
and standard operation practices.
* Liaise with the Operations Department when receiving calls
concerning mechanical failures of vehicles on the road and
determine the correct course of action to minimize delays to the
* Conduct technical investigations into component failures and
maintenance problems as required.
* Ensure that all vehicle repairs and data information are correct
and entered into the maintenance program, run reports to identify
maintenance program performance and associated failure
* Identify training needs of employees, ensure new technologies and
methods are investigated and implemented where appropriate
(multi-plex, new control systems, communications systems, etc.)
* Conduct refresher training and information meetings as deemed
* Performing license and certification audits, ensuring employees
are trained on all job related equipment and everyone has current
safety orientation of all aspects of the garage.
* Establish work schedules and adjust as necessary, accounting for
absences due to training, vacations, unfilled vacancies, employee
absenteeism, to ensure sufficient manpower is available to meet
scheduled bus service requirements.
* Ensure all work is prioritized, on schedule, through the
effective use of materials, labor and facility resources.
* Preparing various reports, worksheets, estimates, correspondence,
minutes of meetings and other documentation as requested.
* Make recommendations and suggestions as to work methods and
procedures and identifying and implementing cost saving
* Performing tests, evaluations and estimates to ensure that
products and equipment provided are in accordance with required
technical performance and quality specifications.
* Ordering material, parts, equipment and supplies, ensuring that
an adequate supply is on hand by determining needs, reviewing
inventory and sources of supply.
* Maintaining discipline and promoting harmony in the garage,
ascertaining facts to resolve complaints and minor grievances.
* Perform annual Employee Performance Appraisals, counseling
employees as required as to how to meet expectations and improve
their performance and progress in their careers.
* Ensure all union agreements, departmental, contractual
obligations are followed fairly and consistently.
* Investigating injuries, accidents and other workplace incidents
and taking the appropriate action to prevent or minimize
* Participate in all safety initiatives, safety talks, safety
meetings and address all concerns in a timely manner
* Contribute to budget planning by providing costs or estimates by
reviewing work requirements, estimating labor materials, equipment
and other associated cost.
* Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
* High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED
* Must be age 21 or older
* Must possess a Commercial Driving License with Passenger and
* Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications
* Master Mechanic certification preferred
* 3 years or more of progressively responsible experience in the
repair and maintenance of all types of automotive and transit
equipment including supervisory experience
Skills and Knowledge Required:
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Broad understanding of all mechanical systems related to heavy
duty transportation vehicles
* Familiarity with laws/regulations associated with the safe
operation of maintenance facilities
* Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure
* Ability to read blue prints, schematics, and other mechanical
and/or electrical diagrams
* Ability to read and write routine reports, forms, and other
documentation or correspondence
* Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and
* Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong
attention to details
* Ability to work well with labor
Travel requirement (as a percent):
* Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background check
* Must be able to pass and maintain a DOT physical examination
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check
Job LocationsUS-LA-New Orleans
Posted Date1 week ago(2/4/2020 7:12 PM)
Keywords: Transdev Inc, New Orleans , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!