Information Security Analyst
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Raytheon Intelligence and Services (RI&S) Cyber Training &
Services (CTS) has an immediate opening for an Information Security
Analyst to support a U.S. Federal Agency contract to enable mission
accomplishment by supporting cloud cybersecurity of respective
cloud service provider and FedRamp environments providing cloud
security services to Government Agencies within commercial or
private cloud environment or any hybrid or physical and virtual
resources. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced
in Information Security solutions who is goal-oriented and strives
to exceed expectations.
LOCATION: NASA Stennis Space Center, Mississippi or Washington DC
* Ensures appropriate security controls are in place that will
safeguard digitals files and viral electronics infrastructure.
* Respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
* Responsible to: Plan, Initiate, Manage Information technology
(IT) Projects, Lead and Guide the work of technical staff
* Deep understanding of how security impacts each stage of the
development pipeline and the final product or service.
* Ability to be team players with proficient communication skills
and with thorough understanding of how security impacts each
development phase and services.
* Experience with different IT Infrastructure components such as
servers, networks, firewalls, routers, load balancers, VPN, Apache,
web logic, LDAP, Active Directory, Exchange, Oracle/MS SQL
databases, SAN, Virtualization, Email systems, Enterprise
monitoring and access management solutions for single sign on
* Monitoring and data/log analysis tools such as: ManageEngine
EventLog Analyzer; Paessler PRTG Network Monitor; XpoLog; LOGalyze;
EventTracker; Extrahop; Dynatrace; Netcool Suite; Catchpoint;
* Proven methodical approach to problem identification, problem
solving and resolution
* Experience with applications in a production support environment
using above technologies. Management and troubleshooting of
Middleware products on UNIX and Linux environments
* Ability to analyze different components of the infrastructure and
application environments during Incident triage calls.
* Knowledge of and practical experience of integration of COTS or
open source tools
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Personality traits: Naturally curious and inquisitive nature;
persistent and determined; loves solving problems and puzzles;
analytically rigorous; uncompromising integrity
* Demonstrated ability to document processes
* Proficiency with MS Office Applications
* Must be able to work collaboratively across teams and physical
* Willing to work rotating shifts
The Information Security Analyst, provides:
* Technical/Management leadership on major tasks or technology
* Responsible for software development, recognizing the security
threats, and configuring the network infrastructure and
up-to-the-minute details of cybersecurity threats and the latest
* Knowledge of the implementation of risk assessment techniques and
the latest security best practices.
* Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
* Customize tools for security purposes in DevSecOps.
* Well-versed in at least one of the programming languages like
Java, Python, and C#.
* Responsible to build an environment/ Infrastructure over to the
cloud by planning and designing the available resources.
* Has sufficient knowledge on Cloud Computing (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS),
Identity Access Management (IAM), Patch management, Secure
Monitoring, and compliance.
* Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with
* Decision-making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact
on overall project implementation.
* May supervise others.
* Requirement is for 5 or more years of experience directly
relating to role of the labor category.
* The position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or
Information Systems, or Information Assurance, or Cybersecurity,
Engineering or a related STEM discipline.
* The Information Security Analyst must possess at least one
relevant professional designation or related advanced IT
certification, but not limited to the following: Certified
Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); FISMA Certified
FISMA Compliance Practitioner (CFCP); ITIL v3 Foundations; ISACA
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT); GIAC Systems
and Network Auditor (GSNA);
ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* Experience with: FireEye NX, EX, HX, AX, Carbon Black Response,
RSA Archer; Firewalls, routers or antivirus appliances; Work
history in a 24x7x365 watch desk environment; Industry standard
help desk tools
* SIEM content Analysis, Development and Testing; SIEMS tools (such
as NetWitness, Splunk, SumoLogic, QRadar); EDR solutions (Carbon
Black, Crowdstrike, FireEye, SentinelOne); Packet analysis to
include: HTTP Headers & Status codes, SMTP Traffic & Status codes,
FTP Traffic & Status Codes
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Prior experience working in any of the following: Security
Operations Center (SOC); Network Operations Center (NOC); Computer
Incident Response Team (CIRT)
* Experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or
reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks and one or
more of the following:
* Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident
* Working knowledge of Intrusion detection/protection systems
* Knowledge and understanding of network devices, multiple
operating systems, and secure architectures
* Working knowledge of network protocols and common services
* System log analysis
* Possess at least one relevant professional designation or related
advanced IT certification, but not limited to the following: ISACA
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM); CompTIA Advanced
Security Practitioner (CASP); CompTIA Security+; GIAC Certified
Windows Security Administrator (GCWN)
* US Citizen capable of obtaining DHS Suitability and a TS/SCI
* Occasional travel within CONUS is required
This position is contingent on contract award requires a U.S.
Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export
Authorization.177247Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
status. Associated topics: cybersecurity, forensic, information
security, information technology security, leak, malicious,
protect, security, security analyst, security officer
Keywords: RTX, New Orleans , Information Security Analyst, Professions , Picayune, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!