Maintenance Technician II
Company: Graham Packaging Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Company Statement: Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview:Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Maintenance
Technician II based in Hammond, LA. This opening is for Monday -
Friday, which operates during the hours of 7am - 3pm.Maintenance
Technicians are responsible for installation and repair of
equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Technician will perform
preventative and reactive maintenance on all production equipment
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety,
health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies,
procedures and recognized practices.
- Focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels
and adjust the manufacturing processes to ensure product
- Maintain controls for assuring successful plant performance to
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain
production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
during operation and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of
production equipment during machine service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment
and plant facilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to,
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and
repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform
required maintenance and service.
- Perform simple machinist skills.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and
material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those
and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and
maintenance of machinery
- Limited travel may be requiredQualifications:
- Two year Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related
field is preferred.
- A minimum of five years Industrial Maintenance Technician
experience is preferred.
- Maintenance Technicians are required to interact with managers,
employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills
and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others.EEO Disclaimer: Graham
Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging Company, New Orleans , Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Hammond, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!