Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: November 22, 2021
*Primary Location: *6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, New Orleans,
* Division: *Cox Communications
* Job Level: *Individual Contributor
* Travel: *Yes, 5 % of the Time
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Requisition Number: *219425_80916024
Senior Financial Analyst role supporting the Network Enablement
program within the Development Portfolio, including being a
contributor to agile development for Finance/Accounting
capabilities. The Senior Financial Analyst will develop business
cases, value assessments, program financials, and prepare recurring
read-outs to senior leaders.
Ideal candidate will be a seasoned contributor with a broad
understanding of the business who thrives in an unstructured
environment. Position requires independence; ability to build,
understand, and explain highly complex financial models; and
possesses strong presentation skills with the ability to understand
the audience and tailor communications to effectively tell the
story. Develops repeatable and structured processes to measure
program benefits as well as capex and grow opex reporting and
* Major Tasks*
* Performs financials analysis - Develops financial and operational
analyses and identifies emerging trends. May include cost analysis,
financial and expense performance comparisons, calculations of rate
of return, cash flows, and forecasting/budgeting. Additional ad-hoc
analysis based on customer need.
* Performs data analysis - Gathers and compiles data used for
identifying business trends/dynamic and develops, reviews and/or
presents recommendations. Develop construct to access and
manipulate data from company data systems and sources.
* Performs modeling - Conceptualizes, prepares and presents
economic models, analyses and recommendations.
* Performs reporting - Develops and modifies financial reports and
statements. Creates advanced visualizations of extracted data.
* Provide financial and operational consultative services through
collaborative partnerships - Recommends and facilitates changes;
analyze and review data and resolve questions and/or problems.
Assist in policy development to support change initiatives.
* Project Management - Facilitate partnership, coordinates
stakeholder communication, and completes assignments to support
* 5 or more years of experience required in related field (Finance,
Accounting, Business, etc.)
* 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a
related advanced degree
* Financial modeling/business case experience.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and
* Excellent presentation, and communcation skills to work
effectively with teams throughout organization
* Proficient Project Management
* Proficient Advanced modeling
* Build and present PPT presentation
* Fully understands functional area supporting
* Some executive presence, Influencing without Authority
* Influencing others without authority
* Preferred *
* BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (Finance,
Accounting, Business, etc.)
* Experience working in an Agile development environment
* Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
* About Cox Communications*
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection through broadband applications and services. The
largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six
million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to
empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
* About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, [visit our benefits
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, New Orleans , Senior Financial Analyst, Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!