Commercial HVAC Controls Technician - New Orleans, LA
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Are you an experienced Controls Technician looking to grow with
a worldwide leader for HVAC and Building Automation?
Trane is seeking a Service Controls Technician in the New Orleans,
In this extremely unique role blending your HVAC and Controls
knowledge, you will be responsible for retrofitting new systems,
diagnosing, and repair of environmental-control systems, utilizing
knowledge of electronics, direct digital control, airflow,
hydronics, refrigeration theory, and control and mechanical
techniques in diverse commercial settings.
If you have 2+ years of experience with HVAC controls, Trane wants
to hear from you! Programming or coding is a plus!
Why Trane Technologies is the best for Controls
- Competitive Pay: Highly competitive and comprehensive total
compensation program. Overtime opportunities are available.
- Full Benefits: Including medical, dental, vision, 401k with up
to 6% matching, core company contribution of 2%, 8 paid holidays,
15 days of vacation time, life insurance, and more!
- Valuable Training: featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training;
formal internal training programs for those looking to add to their
industry knowledge, as well as continued learning for those want to
sharpen their HVAC skills
- Career Advancement: opportunities for career development and
promotions as well as a tuition reimbursement program
- Perks: Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high
speed laptop, smartphone, specialized tools, uniforms, PPE and
safety boot allowance
- Independent Work Days: At Trane, we trust you to get the job
done right. Most days, you--ll be dispatched from your house and
can enjoy working independently!
- Factory support -- Because you are working with Trane, you will
enjoy having access to the factory and getting the job done right
the first time! Plus, you have access to Tech Hub, a nationwide
support platform to connect you with others to get you the support
you need What you--ll be doing:
In this position, you will leverage your knowledge of electronics,
direct digital controls, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory,
and building control techniques to ensure the BAS system is running
This role is the primary service and maintenance contact for
customers in a defined market with a diverse commercial base
including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, Education
Institutions and Office Complexes. You will also use a variety of
hand tools, interpreting control drawings, plans, and
specifications, to mount, assemble, test, and program the system in
a diverse commercial and industrial environment .
Additionally, you would be expected to engage in retrofit and
repair of environmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air
conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts.
What you'll bring to the table:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with commercial controls and BAS systems
- Previous background in programming, commissioning and startup
of Siemens, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, or Tridium/Niagara based
controls systems is highly desirable
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office and comfortable with
hand-held devices (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
- A valid driver--s license, with no major or frequent traffic
- EPA Certification Preferred
- Ability to work on-call rotation and/or overtime to support the
business, including occasional overnight stays Additional
Requirements and Environmental Exposure:
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle using a
- Must be able to wear helmets, safety goggles, fall protection
harness and safety boots to safely perform job duties
- Must be able to twist the trunk of your body 90 degrees in each
- Must be able to squat and touch the floor with both hands
- Must be able to reach your hands over your head
- Must be able to stand on concrete surfaces for extended
periods, routinely up to 4 hours
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling and climbing ladders.
It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs.,
frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. and occasionally lift
and/or move more than 40 lbs.
- Must be able to safely use a ladder with a 350 lb. total weight
limit, while carrying equipment of 50 lbs. or less
- Must be able to maneuver confined access areas, as small as
30-- vertical x 45-- horizontal
- Must be able to comfortably and routinely access rooftops with
extension and/or fixed ladders at heights of 15-- to 20--, and
occasionally, up to 50 feet +
- This role may be exposed to variable weather conditions, moving
mechanical parts, heights, risk of electrical shock, noisy
operating equipment and other variable environmental conditions
based on location About the Company: At Trane Technologies-- , we
Challenge Possible. Our brands -- including Trane-- and Thermo
King-- - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and
homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect
customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact,
dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and
innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what--s
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, New Orleans , Commercial HVAC Controls Technician - New Orleans, LA, Professions , Metairie, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!