Company: Sabine Surveyors, Ltd.
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Sabine Surveyors Ltd is hiring for a Marine Surveyor/Auditor for
our New Orleans, LA location
INSTRUCTIONS ON APPLYING: Head to
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following; other duties may be
assigned as required:
- Performing marine surveys and/or audits in the field as
directed by the Area Manager or Vice President and as required by
the company's ISO Quality Procedures.
- Ensuring the timely flow of information to/from clients
throughout the survey and/or audit process in the field.
Acknowledging receipt of assignment to client when designated, and
ensuring preliminary advice is prepared and submitted after
completion of fieldwork when required.
- Producing and submitting concise, technically and grammatically
correct survey and/or audit reports based on the appropriate report
template in line with Company procedures and schedules, and the
- Assisting the Area Manager with handling of customer complaints
and adjustment of invoices.
- Recognizing potential new business and bringing such to the
attention of management.
- Promoting company services in the marine industry including
visiting clients and participating in industry activities.
- Following the company's Health, Safety, Security &
Environmental Manual requirements, including participating in
monthly safety meetings.
- Pursuing personal development through in-house training,
appropriate external training opportunities, and joining
- Assisting with the management and training of more junior
- Ensuring that proper PPE is maintained and worn at all
- Ensuring all required equipment is calibrated and in good
working order and records maintained as per our Quality
- Obtaining proper credentials to enter terminals, docks, and
jobsites as appropriate, and maintaining records as required by
Required Education & Experience:
- College graduate, maritime college preferred or equivalent time
in marine industry - five (5) years sea-going experience in a
certificated position, or five (5) years' experience in marine
surveying field, or five (5) years of comparable marine
- Membership of NAMSGlobal preferred but not required.
- Report and technical writing skills will be a
- Current valid driver's license.
- Current valid Transportation Worker's Identification Credential
- Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, wet, dusty,
- Must wear hearing, eye, head protection, and proper Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Some climbing (40 feet or higher, some unprotected), bending,
stooping, and lifting (50 lbs.) involved.
- Working with hot and sometimes hazardous materials.
- Work on marine vessels or in shipyard settings, walking over
- Enter round manholes with inside diameters of 18", and other
internally confined spaces.
- Traverse gangways, ladders, and scaffolding at varying
- Examine cargo, including photographing and accessing difficult
- Available/On call 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Equipment Operation as necessary for position:
- Audio Gauge Equipment
- Tank Safe for Entry Monitor
- Life Vest
- Temperature Probes
- Ullage Tapes
- Pitot Tube
- Ability to work under deadlines and schedule pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values, policies, and safety
- Must have ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and
It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a
current awareness and understanding of appropriate regulations,
internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those
regulations, policies and procedures.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as a
comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of assigned personnel.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sabine Surveyors, Ltd., New Orleans , Marine Surveyor, Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!