Company: Christopher Homes
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionLocation: New Orleans Property: Christopher
JOB SUMMARY:The Maintenance Technician must be able to efficiently
perform a variety of maintenance and janitorial duties in an effort
to maintain and enhance the value of the apartment community, in a
timely, professional and courteous manner, using the appropriate
- Able to diagnose problems with and assist with repair of the
- Major appliances
- Basic-Intermediate plumbing
- Basic-Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
- General carpentry
- General irrigation maintenance
- Maintains accurate service request records by recording time
spent on assignment and solution of task.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the
manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as
hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring
instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices, fuel
recovery system and scales.
- Checks and maintains exhaust fans and motors on roofs.
- Inspect building(s) and equipment and systems regularly for
property functioning safety.
- Accompany all inspectors and outside contractors who perform
repair services, as required.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager to
maintain an effective preventative maintenance program and
- Assist the Community Manager with annual unit inspections. Also
responsible for the refurbishing of apartments prior to resident
- Assists with apartment cleaning/trash out at time of
- Orders supplies and maintains inventory of appliances and
- Handles incoming and outgoing freight; lifts and moves heavy
furniture, appliances and equipment.
- Keeps garbage chutes clean; washes down trash chutes and scrubs
garbage room as scheduled.
- Coordinate work of maintenance repairs with other departments
functioning so as not to interrupt daily routine or normal business
functions whenever possible.
- Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate
lighting is maintained.
- Keeps receiving room, mechanical room and electrical room clean
and in order at all times.
- Responsible for the daily clean up and maintenance of the
exterior of the property including grounds, breezeways, and all
- Participate in on-call rotation for after hour emergency
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced & ministry oriented
- Works as part of a team, as well as complete assignments
- Maintains a professional, compassionate and welcoming attitude
toward managers, co-workers, residents, and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, pull or push 50+ pounds
- Must be able to frequently stoop, kneel, bend, lift and reach,
climb stairs, inspect rooftops.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires at least one (1) year experience as a Maintenance
- Must have good working knowledge of electrical, plumbing and
- Must have knowledge of water and gas meter cutoffs, all
apartment and fixture cutoffs, and sewer clean outs.
- Must have experience with on-site janitorial work.EDUCATION:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Keywords: Christopher Homes, New Orleans , Maintenance Technician, Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!