Company: Baumer Foods, Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Forklift Operator will operate an industrial
forklift to accomplish various materials handling assignments to
place various products and goods throughout the warehouse.
Candidates must be able to comply with plant Good Manufacturing
Policies. This position reports to the warehouse supervisor.
Starting pay is $12.00 an hour with opportunities for
- Identifies and transports requested materials to and from
various locations including machines, loading docks, trucks, and
- Obtains production schedule and/or shipping orders and then
identifies, verifies, and transports requested raw materials,
equipment, or processing materials accordingly.
- Applies understanding of machine loading capacity and loading
schedule, ensuring prompt and efficient delivery of required
- Uses protective materials and strapping equipment to protect
and secure loads; once delivered, removes strapping and wrapping,
then safely disposes of waste materials in designated containers or
- Reports any problems with materials or transportation to
- Manages and piles drums, skids, pallets, and other supplies in
- Services equipment as needed, reporting mechanical or
electrical difficulties to warehouse manager or supervisor
- Performs other related duties as requested. Required
- Basic math, language, and reading skills.
- Ability to handle equipment and vehicles safely and sensibly.
Education and Experience:
- Satisfactorily pass forklift driving training program or
demonstrate safe handling of forklift in an on-site test.Physical
- Ability to maintain single-task focus and situational
- Must be able to move and lift up to 40-pound wooden skid or
Keywords: Baumer Foods, Inc, New Orleans , FORKLIFT OPERATOR, Professions , Reserve, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!