Construction Operations Coordinator
Company: KONE, Inc
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Founded in 1910, our mission is to improve the flow of urban
life and make our worlds cities better places to live. We are a
global leader that provides elevators, escalators and automatic
building doors, as well as solutions for maintenance and
modernization that add value to buildings throughout their life
cycle. Through our innovative solutions, we strive to make people's
journeys safe, convenient and reliable. Our operations in over 60
countries around the world has helped us achieve our position as an
innovation and sustainability leader with repeated recognitions by
Forbes, Corporate Knights for clean capitalism and others. At KONE,
our customers come from all walks of life, and we are committed to
a culture that welcomes everyone. We pride ourselves on our
family-centric culture and guiding principles that serve as the
foundation of who we are and how we do business. In addition to our
passion for safety and innovation, our culture is strengthened by
our values of care, customer, collaboration and courage which
connects us closer to the customers and communities we serve and
makes us a great place to work. In addition to providing
competitive salaries,learning&developmental opportunitiesand an
environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect-wealsooffer
world-class benefitssuch as a matching 401K, pension plan,
comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire
family, as well as paid holidays and paid time off. We are looking
for an Operations Coordinator who will coordinate activities of
designated area projects to ensure that goals are accomplished
consistent with targets, project plan and budget. You will be
responsible for performing necessary functions relative to the
coordination and support of Installation Supervisors, as well as
work in accordance with policies to ensure compliance with
corporate objectives and proper installation coordination.Essential
- Coordinates activities of area project management to ensure
that goals and objectives of installation and/or service are
accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding
- Executes corporate objectives/initiatives (i.e. Safety,
Quality, ITE, etc).
- Responsible for creating an environment of customer
- Performs technical review of the project using specifications,
building plans, estimates, and any other related details of the
- Facilitate communication between Sales and Installation
- Coordinates the distribution of elevator/escalator mechanical
layouts using information from building plans, the contract
abstract, and technical review answers.
- Coordinates the approval process with the branch Installation
- Generate, distribute, track and execute change orders for scope
changes and Purchase Orders.
- Works closely with factory to obtain accurate information
regarding all shipments and due dates to the job sites.Education:
- Associates Degree (AA) from Two-year college or
- 4+ years experience in installation/operations job
function.Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
- Comprehensive understanding of processes, procedures, policies,
and contracts/product offerings.
- Working knowledge of project management principles and
practices, elevator and escalator installation practices and
techniques, and construction industry standard practices.
- Familiar with the laws and regulations regarding safety and
environmental governmental regulations.
- Willing and able to travel with occasional extended over night
stay. Valid drivers license and frequent day travel required within
Branch office jurisdictional area.
- Good leadership, management, organizational, written, verbal
communication, and customer skills.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business and
technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to read construction drawings, layouts and electrical,
- Ability to effectively present business information and respond
to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of place and solid
geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Familiarity with electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
as applied in industry transportation and/or conveyance
- Experience or ability to learn PC database, spreadsheet,
scheduling, project management, communication and word processing
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; to use hands to finger; handle,
or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear or see. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts, high, precarious places; and risk of electrical
shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.At
KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative
working culture where we value the contribution of each individual.
Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage
participation and the sharing of information and ideas.
Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily
practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to
develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and
respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a
great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences
and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and
personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced
life.Read more on www.kone.com/careersWe are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Keywords: KONE, Inc, New Orleans , Construction Operations Coordinator, Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!