Senior Network Engineer (On-Site)
Company: Lockstep Technology Group
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Description: We are looking for a qualified individual able to
design, install and troubleshoot expert-level equipment and
software applications related to Information Systems including
switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points, and
servers.*Essential Functions*Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Utilize basic tools and hardware including pliers,
screwdrivers, drills, ladders, and various other small tools.
- Visually identify items such as switches, routers, firewalls,
VoIP phones, IP cameras, wireless access points, servers, and
- Unpack, rack, cable, and power up all equipment.
- Utilize Telnet, SSH, and Web Browsers to deploy configurations
to various networking equipment.
- Able to manage time effectively and assist on projects without
- Ability to design, deploy, and troubleshoot small to medium
size network and server infrastructures.
- Comprehend and execute tasks outlined by a statement of work or
- Work in a team environment and support other individuals in a
primary or secondary role.
- Lead projects and participate as the key player at the table
with IT and Executive staff.Competencies
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork OrientationDesired Qualifications: Required Education
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience.
- CCNP or equivalent certification from other vendors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in problem analysis and resolution.
- Trained in the operation of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Visio, and Outlook.
- Disciplined in timekeeping and punctuality.
- Expert level knowledge of at least 4 of the following vendors
- Experience with designing advanced networking and server
- Scripting skills (Perl, PowerShell, VB, Python, Etc.)Preferred
Education and Experience
- CCIE or equivalent certification from other
vendors.Requirements: Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Reliable smart phone for calls, texts and emails throughout the
- Reliable transportation to/from office and jobsites as
required. Personal vehicle mileage for work related travel will be
reimbursed.Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at
any time with or without notice.Supervisory ResponsibilityThis
position has no supervisory responsibility.Work EnvironmentThis job
operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment and applications such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and internet portals.Physical
DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee
is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and /or
move up to 10 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability to climb up
and down ladders.Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis is a
full-time position. Days and hours of work on Monday through
Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM., 40-hour week. Evening and weekend work
may be required as job duties demand.TravelTravel is expected for
this position.Equal Opportunity EmployerLockstep Technology Group
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.Job Type:
Full-timePay: Up to $125,000.00 per yearWork Location: One
Keywords: Lockstep Technology Group, New Orleans , Senior Network Engineer (On-Site), Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!