Central Sterile Technician - Lakeside Campus PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Description Do you have the career opportunities as a(an)
Central Sterile Technician PRN you want with your current employer?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical
Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.
BenefitsTulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Central Sterile Technician PRN where your passion
for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsDecontaminates, cleans and sterilizes
equipment, instruments and supplies. Assembles and maintains
inventories of surgical and floor trays. Performs data entry of
patient charges. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Cleans, assembles, sterilizes and stores instruments and
- Dispenses sterile instruments and supplies for the surgical
case cart system, nursing units and other clinical areas.
- Cleans, disinfects, reassembles, performs, records, reports
safety and operational checks on all portable equipment that cannot
be sterilized mechanically.
- Maintains supply and instrument storage areas, reporting
shortages, checking shelf life, package integrity and reprocessing
outdated or compromised items.
- Identifies, assembles and wraps basic instrument sets.
- Delivers and retrieves supplies and equipment.
- Collects and enters patient charge information.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certified Registered
Central Service Technician or able to become certified within 13
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: One year experience in sterilization or operating
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete
established competencies for the position within designated
probationary period. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and
push/pull carts up to 400 pounds on a recurring basis. Basic math
and good customer service skills are required. Data entry
experience and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Work schedule: Lakeside Campus - PRN This role requires you to
be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or
federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption
is approved).Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research
and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane
Medical Center has been named a World's Best Hospital by Newsweek
in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000
hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of
just 250 World's Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were
the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane
Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all
else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication
to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are
equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization
with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The
degree to which we as an organization can provide quality
healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to
perform your job.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more
than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated
$3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Central Sterile Technician PRN opening. We promptly
review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, New Orleans , Central Sterile Technician - Lakeside Campus PRN, Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!