Assistant Preconstruction Manager/Estimator, Commercial Construction
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: September 21, 2023
ImpetusAssistant Preconstruction Manager/Estimator, Commercial
New Orleans, LA 70130
Summary Description: The Assistant Preconstruction
Manager/Estimator supports the Preconstruction Team in managing all
aspects of the preconstruction phases of commercial construction
projects, including subcontractor solicitation and outreach,
take-offs, conceptual estimating, creating bid-packages, overall
estimate creation, buyout, cost allocation, schedules, requests for
information, drawing reviews, constructability analysis, value
analysis, safety, and risk management. -Company Description:
Impetus, a Palmisano Company, is a general contractor that provides
construction services in various spaces, including commercial,
civil, industrial, pre-fabrication, historic, healthcare,
hospitality, design-build, self-perform, multi-family, urban
mixed-use, and arts and culture.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Execute various work assignments related to estimates, from
initial review of the bid/proposal solicitation to start up and
execution with the operations team to close out and lessons
- Assess the existing site conditions of the project worksites to
gauge the accuracy of bid/proposal documents; determine if the
scope of work is accurately covered by the bid/proposal documents;
manage any gap-risks in the scope of work; and confirm that the
vendors are quoting the correct materials.
- Compile bid/proposal packages for complicated scopes of work
that accurately convey desired bid scope and requirements to
- Develop and conduct value analysis to determine more
cost-effective alternatives to the proposed scope of work.
- Perform constructability analysis through the identification of
design and constructability issues.
- Develop value analysis' by defining alternatives to the
proposed scope that are more cost efficient.
- Prepare detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades,
building system, and overall project costs.
- Prepare quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for
all items incorporated in the assigned scope of work.
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals and vendor quotes
relative to their scope of work.
- Determine prioritization of project needs and provide direction
to all stakeholders,including coworkers, clients, architects,
engineers, regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Visit project sites in progress to identify and understand
factors affecting costs, such as production time, materials, and
- Participate in the development of the baseline Critical Path
Method (CPM) with the superintendent and project manager; track
progress weekly and update schedule monthly, using SureTrak/P3;
quantify project impacts, using contemporaneous schedule analysis;
and satisfy notice provisions, where applicable.
- Conduct buy-outs and issue subcontracts for scopes of work
assigned by project manager and perform job cost allocation for
awarding subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Process Forma/subcontractor Requests for Information (RFI) in a
timely manner; maintain log and review status to expedite critical
RFI; coordinate and distribute relevant information to affected
parties; and provide timely notice of cost/time impact resulting
from responses to RFI.
- Create cost efficiencies through ongoing estimating process
- Use an organized approach to perform work while remaining
flexible and adaptable to support the ever-changing needs of the
- Actively pursue prospective projects.
- Work with commercial team to prepare estimates and bids for
- Assist in maintaining records of estimated and actual
- Recommend ways to reduce costs.
- Review and analyze technical documents, including blueprints,
proposals, and quotes.
- Develop thorough knowledge and understanding of the project
- Develop, employ, and track various metrics.
- Establish and maintain effective and professional working
relationships with all stakeholders, including coworkers, clients,
architects, engineers, regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and
- Promptly resolve any issues that might arise among the project
team, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Share professional development plans with company leaders and
set specific career goals.
- Participate in training courses, company meetings, and company
sponsored network activities.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering,
Business, or related field of study. -
- 2+ years of commercial construction experience.
- Proficiency with various computer software programs, including
MS Office Suite, project management software, bid management
software, and scheduling software (P6 or similar).
- Ability to implement new technologies to benefit the
- Thorough knowledge of construction forecasting, cost,
scheduling, and estimating.
- The ability to read, understand, and interpret contract
documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project
- Exceptional relationship building, listening, and communication
- The ability to create and support team morale. -Core
- Exemplifies the Impetus Core Values - Renegade Mentality, Sweep
Floors, Build Relationships, Absolute Integrity.
- Decisive - Makes effective, timely decisions consistently,
based on data, intuition, experience, and judgement.
- Driven to collaborate and innovate.
- Organization and Planning - Takes a methodical approach to
planning daily activities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Establishes cooperative, collaborative,
trusting relationships with co-workers and business contacts.
- Communication - Communicates with co-workers and business
contacts effectively through written, verbal, and non-verbal
communication as well as excellent listening.
- Tech savvy - The ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing
technology is key.Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. -
Please upload a copy of your resume. If you do not have a resume,
please manually enter your personal information, work history, and
Keywords: Buildimpetus, New Orleans , Assistant Preconstruction Manager/Estimator, Commercial Construction, Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!