Company: Garver Engineering
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: February 14, 2019
* Performing site inspection of retail store parking lots by measuring and recording pavement distresses on a computer tablet
* Traveling to retail stores state-wide or multi-state areas as assigned by the Project Manager
* Marking specific areas of a parking lot with chalk using a map and measuring and photographing those areas in chronological order
* Recording pavement distress measurements in specialized software system on-site and ensuring all data is accurate and complete before leaving the site
* Following company s standard procedures for documenting inspections
* Uploading daily inspection files to specialized web interface to track progress
* Travel is required but can vary based on assigned locations
* Demonstrated ability to manage themselves and work independently with little to no supervision
* Demonstrated ability to follow processes accurately and consistently
* Capable of handling change within agreed upon parameters
* Willingness to receive and follow instruction from the Project Manager
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Experience with survey/inspection, construction, site evaluation or in similar role (in lieu of experience, military or college education will be taken into account)
* Ability to operate tablet computers fluently, including folder/file organization, general computer software such as Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer
* Strong written and verbal communication skills Mobile phone required
* Must possess a valid driver s license
* Must be eligible to procure a rental car if needed
* Felony background check (past 10 years), drug screen and motor vehicle report will be required
* This position will be expected to walk/stand for long periods of time, as well as bend, kneel and squat frequently.
* Paid training will be provided prior to beginning the work and will require travel to Fayetteville, Arkansas for 2-3 day on-site training. Those unable to attend training will not be considered for this position.
* For overnight travel, inspectors will be provided daily per diems to cover lodging and food expenses.
* Inspectors will be required to coordinate their own travel and lodging during project execution.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm, headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. With nearly 600 employees spread between 27 offices in 11 states, Garver offers a wide range of services with a focus on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, power, transportation, survey, and water. Garver sits in the top 150 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list, while Zweig Group has recognized Garver as a best firm to work for in the multi-discipline category for five consecutive years. Garver is celebrating its 100th year with a series of client appreciation events and by supporting STEM education at 100 schools by donating funds and supplies. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver, LLC is an affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, veterans, religion or disability, in programs, activities, hiring and employment and complies with all civil rights provisions.Complaints of alleged discrimination or if you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Tatiana Herrington, Director of Human Resources, TBHerrington@GarverUSA.com, (501) 537-3256.
Keywords: Garver Engineering, New Orleans , Site Inspector, Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!