Business Analyst Intermediate Level
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Job Description:This position is located on site in New Orleans,
LA, in our Digital Transformation Center next to the Super dome.
Relocation assistance available.
DXCs Delivery organization operates technical and service functions
to serve DXCs diverse client base across a broad range of
operational sectors. A data scientist within the Operations
Engineering and Excellence (OE&E) team works within DXC to
identify, develop and implement opportunities for improving the
efficiency and effectiveness of our delivery operations via
insights generated from operational data. OE&Es focus is on
solving business problems and thus a core focus of the data science
team is on finding the simplest solution that generates the most
value for the business. Many of these insights are also evolved
into automated data science assetsin collaboration with a DevOps
teamthat provide continual interactive actionable insights to
As a member of the data science team you will work both your local
peers and team members located around the world to build, deploy
and evolve analytics assets across DXC. You will also work closely
with operational leaders within Delivery operations to identify
opportunities, available data and ways that data can help in
achieving actions with value for our clients and DXC.
- Participate in the elicitation, documentation, analysis and
validation of business processes, systems, and solution
- Research components of solutions to problems.
- Produce visualization, user experience and configuration
elements of solution design.
- Document requirements specifications using high-maturity
methods, processes and tools.
- Support requirements management and change management
- Support aspects of the business cycle, including proposals,
feasibility studies, and implementations.
- Through self-directed activities act as a liaison between
client and technical groups, using superior communication skills to
elicit, document, analyze and validate requirements.
- Apply industry-specific expertise to recommend and coordinate
the development, enhancement, and maintenance of a client's
business systems, processes, and products using high-maturity
methods, processes and tools.
- Combine industry expertise with a thorough understanding of
information technology to develop innovative business solutions.
Influence the strategic direction of clients.
- Lead analysis teams on large projects. Lead requirements
management and change management processes.
- Direct development of visualization, and user experience
elements of solution design.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to
manage scope, schedule, budgets and expectations.
- Lead business studies and present study results to the company
and client senior management.
- Coordinate and participate in proposals, feasibility studies,
and new business development activities.
- Leverage industry knowledge and client relationships to assess
the business implications of the application of technology to the
current and future business environment and to identify new
business opportunities. Promote and direct process improvement
activities and training of peers and clients.
- Ability to generate actionable insights from messy disconnected
datasets, including datasets that may originate in many various
forms (e.g., flat files, APIs, database access)
- 8 or more years experience.
- Determination using structured techniques for documentation,
analysis, evaluation/ validation.
- Decomposition of high-level information into details;
abstracting low-level information; distinguishing requests vs
needs; distinguishing requirements vs. solutions.
- Classifying prioritizing requirements; OO techniques using UML
models; ambiguity analysis, ensuring consistent understanding
across users, designers and testers; business process modeling of
current state and desired future state processes; defining and
managing scope and client expectations, requirements change
management and traceability; identifying and mitigating risks;
applying creativity/ innovation to solving complex problems;
building relationships and working collaboratively; developing and
communicating a vision for project/ system; providing thought
leadership; mentoring; effective verbal/ written communication;
preparing and delivering effective presentations; experience in one
or more industry domains.
- Specialized: Function Point counting; survey design and
execution; statistical analysis; developing structured user manuals
and training; visualization modeling; business rules modeling;
develop and executing acceptance test plans.
- Ability to clearly communicate with business units and delivery
groups to understand the nature of their business challenges,
factors specific to that operation
- Ability to quickly generate simple yet power data
visualizations to communicate insights
- Ability to work closely with others in a fast-paced and
collaborative technical setting
- Ability to rapidly learn and develop new skills, largely on
ones own by staying in tune with the market and emerging
technologies and techniques
- Strong math and statistical skills and an ability to apply
those skills towards generating logical, accurate and meaningful
insights from data
- An ability to quickly learn the essentials of a new operational
team (e.g., a specific account within DXCs delivery organization)
and understand the nuances of tools, processes, data and business
requirements that impact actions required to add value for the
client and DXC
- Typically a Bachelor's degree in a technical or business
discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years of
related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 6 years of
- Recommended: IIBA CBAP& #8482; (or equivalent) certification
- Ideally, recognized industry- certification.
- Proficiency with Python and/or R for use in conducting data
- Proficiency with storing and manipulating relational data in
- Proficiency in handling and working with large datasets, beyond
those traditionally handed within relational databases
- Proficiency with machine learning techniques and, equally
important, when to apply them and when not
- Demonstrated track record of generate business insights from
data and communicating (ideally via a portfolio of previous
Trust, Transform & Thrive with a company whose mission is to
leading clients on their digital transformation journeys, DXC
Technology will be recognized globally as a force multiplier,
enabling clients to seize the opportunities presented by todays
rapidly changing technologies
Keywords: DXC, New Orleans , Business Analyst Intermediate Level, Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!