Construction Engineering Technician with Security Clearance
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: November 10, 2019
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation
and a registered Government contractor that provides services and
solutions in: * National Security Programs
* Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
* Mission and Warfighter Support We are a Service Disabled Veteran
Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of
successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our
leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting
professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying
candidates for the following position. Requisition Type: Contingent
Position Status: Opened Job Requisition on 14 May 19 Position
Title: Construction Engineering Technician The CET will assist
Naval Facilities Engineering Command Southeast (NAVFAC SE) enforce
its construction contract provisions specifically quality control
and safety requirements. The CET through their application of QA
and safety management principals, will recommend approval of work
IAW contract terms. The CET has the authority to stop any portion
of a construction contractor?s project work that poses imminent
danger to personnel, equipment, or property. Location: Naval Air
Station (NAS) Joint Reserve Base (JRB) New Orleans, LA Security
Clearance Level: Secret Clearance Preferred Duties and
Responsibilities * Maintain proper construction contract document
files according to NAVFAC standards.
* Review and comment on plans and specifications and provide
constructability review comments during construction contract
* Make visits to project sites to obtain information on
facility/site conditions and develop recommendations during project
* Coordinate and attend post-award kickoff meetings (PAK) and
pre-construction conferences (PreCon).
* Schedule, conduct, and document regular progress meetings and
other construction related project meetings with all interested
parties to review project status, discuss problems, and resolve
* Prepare project status reports when directed using NAVFAC
enterprise contract management system formatting (to be provided by
Contracting Officer?s Representative (COR).
* Coordinate construction operations between contractors, station
personnel, and other government agencies and make recommendations
* Use and prepare standard template documents for correspondence to
construction contractors for deviations from contract schedule or
* Provide technical assistance in answering requests for
information (RFI) from construction contractors. * Review and
monitor project schedules for construction progress with emphasis
on milestone completion dates, phasing requirements, work flow,
material deliveries, test dates, etc.
* Administer technical aspects of construction contract
modifications (prepare cost estimates, review cost proposals,
assist contract specialist or contracting officer in negotiations,
prepare modification packages for processing by contracting
* Administer the Construction Quality Management Program as
required in the construction contract specifications.
* Monitor the construction contractor?s performance of required
material testing and analysis in accordance with the contract
requirements, review for compliance and make recommendations for
* Review construction contractor?s daily reports for thoroughness
and accuracy and check daily payrolls for any discrepancies. Note
any unusual items or items of concern on reports. Provide reviewed
and/or annotated copy of reports to the COR.
* Review and recommend approval of progress schedules and technical
* Monitor ongoing construction to check construction contractor
progress and verify compliance with plans and specifications.
* Resolve problems not involving changes to contract value or
duration and recommend solutions to the COR for problems that may
result in a change of contract value or duration.
* Prepare cost estimates for construction contract modifications
and provide to the COR.
* Perform cost and price technical evaluation on change order
proposals that are within the scope of work to highlight hidden and
unnecessary costs. Provide input to the COR for preparation of the
pre-and post-negotiation documentation.
* Review construction contractor invoices for accuracy and provide
input to the invoice reviewing official.
* Review and recommend approval/disapproval of the construction
contractor?s safety/accident prevention plans.
* Monitor construction contractor?s updates to as-built drawings
and verify that they are maintained regularly in accordance with
contract requirements; verify that a complete set of as-built
drawings is turned over at the close of the contract. Identify any
updates that are not completed timely, and make recommendations for
* Verify that a complete set of Operation and Maintenance Support
Information (OMSI) Manuals is turned in to the PWD Facility
* Verify the construction contractor conducts any user training for
equipment installed on the project, and turns over any extra
materials stock all as required by the construction contract. Make
recommendations for corrections.
* Monitor the closeout process including punch list preparation and
completion, testing and start-up of major systems, and final
acceptance. Make recommendations for corrections.
* Manage the NAVFAC Red Zone process for completing jobs, beginning
at 75% construction complete or 90 days before the construction
contract completion date, whichever is earlier.
* Participate in final acceptance and testing of major building
systems including but not limited to fire protection certification,
elevator certifications, ensuring contractor compliance in the
areas of Testing and Balancing (TABs), Duct Air Leakage Testing
(DALTS), Digital Control Systems (DDC) for HVAC systems. * Utilize
NAVFAC?s Electronic Construction and Facility Support Contract
Management System (eCMS) to manage electronic submittals and
documents. Refer to Uniform Facilities Guide Specification (UFGS)
Section 01 31 23.13 20.
* Monitor compliance and perform daily inspection of construction
contractor?s safety and health requirements. Support reporting
significant incidents, near misses, good catches, and mishap
* Coordinates and attends pre-award site visits.
* Submit a weekly project status report for any assigned project to
the resource manager (Project Management and Engineering Branch
Head/Supervisory General Engineer) and attend any project meetings
* Submit a monthly report to the Contracting Officer summarizing
service provider actions for each month. Knowledge and
Qualifications Contractor employees performing services must meet
the following requirements and have the following licenses and/or
certifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities: * Technical and
practical knowledge and experience (at least 3 years) as an
engineering technician, superintendent, or quality control/quality
assurance manager or representative.
* Current certification of successful completion of the US Army
Corps of Engineers (USACE)/Naval Facilities Engineering Command
(NAVFAC) Construction Quality Management for Contractors
* Demonstrated knowledge of the three-phases of control Quality
* Demonstrated sound understanding of construction concepts,
principles and practices applicable to civil, mechanical,
electrical, and/or environmental projects and the design, layout,
and supervision of construction operations.
* Demonstrated ability to review and interpret technical
engineering specifications and statements of work covering complex
and diverse engineering designs or changes to the contract
* Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods and
construction management skills as demonstrated through relevant
construction and/or construction management experience.
* Ability to write and speak English fluently in order to provide
reports and make presentations to Government personnel.
* Demonstrated ability to monitor construction projects to a
successful and timely completion.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Primavera scheduling software and/or
other construction scheduling software packages.
* Ability to perform strenuous activity while working outdoors in
extreme heat or cold, working in confined spaces, climbing and
using fall protection equipment.
* Demonstrated knowledge of safety and occupational health
principles, practices, procedures, laws and regulations as they
relate to engineering performance requirements and as outlined in
the EM-385-1-1 and 29 CFR. * Current certification of successful
completion of EM 385-1-1 Construction Safety Course (NAVFAC or
USACE). gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of
race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion,
sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political
Keywords: gTANGIBLE, New Orleans , Construction Engineering Technician with Security Clearance, Professions , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!