FBI Special Agent: Accounting/Finance
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Use your finance and accounting background to become an FBI
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique
skill sets to their work and role. Special Agents come from many
professional backgrounds, including finance and accounting, Your
expertise helps ensure accountability, identify criminal activity,
uncover hidden assets and connect the dots to trace transactions to
their source. Your diversified financial skills can significantly
contribute to all areas of crime solving, from counterintelligence
and cybersecurity to organized crime and terrorism.
You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and
opportunities to work on some of the Bureau's most complex cases.
The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges
unlike anything you could work on in the private sector.
Pay level for this position:
- $78,000.00 - $153,000.00
Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and
a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented
Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit
to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and
maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to,
meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer
to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto
Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the
needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing
office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared
for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty
assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include
irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.
In addition, all Special Agent candidates must successfully
complete the Special Agent Selection System (SASS), a mentally and
physically challenging process designed to find only the most
capable applicants. The selection process typically takes one year
or more to complete.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th
birthday on appointment.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or higher (preferably
in Accounting or a related field, such as Business Administration,
Finance or Forensic Accounting). All degrees must be from an
accredited college or university and must be verified by submitting
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), New Orleans , FBI Special Agent: Accounting/Finance, Sales , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!