Service Express Agent/PBX Part Time
Company: The Westin New Orleans
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Location: US-LA-New Orleans# of Openings: 1Category: Front DeskPosition Type: Regular Part-TimeFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Adjacent to the historic French Quarter, The Westin New Orleans Canal Place is the perfect address to savor the Crescent City's zest for living. Just steps from fine dining, Harrah's Casino, upscale shopping, museums, art galleries, and the central business district, we are able to provide comfort and service that will make our guests feel right at home. Become a member of our team and enjoy competitive pay and benefits, including free lunch and dinner in our associate cafeteria, discounted parking, uniforms, guest service incentives, monthly birthday celebrations, quarterly awards ceremony, annual all associate crawfish boil and competition. Stop by today to learn more about joining our team!
Support the Front Office in providing superior guest service by fielding all guest issues and requests received by telephone with the goal of addressing and resolving any problems in an efficient and timely manner.
- Promptly answer telephone calls, greet callers with a positive and clear voice. Listen to ascertain the correct extension. Reading and using a moderately complex computer console, direct calls to appropriate line. Requires sitting in a confined space for long periods of time to continuously perform essential functions.
- Transcribe complete messages and repeat information to verify accuracy. Input and retrieve messages from the computer as requested. Read and verbally recite exact messages for guests.
- Receive wake up call information, input cautiously into the automated wake-up system and verbally confirm time to guest.
- Page guests and patrons using the public address system in a courteous and clear manner.
- Act as dispatcher for security, guest services and property operations associates. Provide timely information via paging system and two way radios to associates in response to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing problems, airport shuttle service, etc.
- Briefly answer basic inquiries, time, extension numbers, outlet hours, etc.
- Immediately answer the emergency line, listen to details to identify nature of problem and respond appropriately in accordance with established procedures. Initiate emergency response as necessary and legibly document pertinent details.
- Remain calm and polite especially during emergency situations or heavy hotel activity. Resolve complications and complaints such as missed wake up calls or missed messages using previous experience and good judgment.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Must communicate well with guests.
- Ability to effectively deal with associates and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to sit and continuously perform essential job functions in confined spaces in close proximity to other associates with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI106831499
Keywords: The Westin New Orleans, New Orleans , Service Express Agent/PBX Part Time, Sales , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!