Company: Waste Pro, USA
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: June 14, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Waste Pro Sales Representative provides for the short and long
term growth of WP revenues through targeted prospecting, business
development, communication, relationship building, and sound
consultative selling within a defined Division area (territory).
Through developed partnerships and interaction with customers,
commercial clients, franchisers, business leaders, governmental
officials and key strategic partners, new contracts are acquired
and/or existing contracts extended for the collection, processing,
transportation and disposal of solid waste and recyclables. The
Sales Representative uses consultative/strategic selling skills to
understand economic and buying influences and works with their
Sales Manager and other internal business partners (e.g. Division
Managers) to meet client expectations and close deals.
Additionally, this position supports the prospecting efforts for
potential clients in a defined area, including municipal
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develops maximum potential sales volume and profitability within
2. Participates in partnership with Regional and Corporate Sales
Managers in developing short and long-term strategic Market and
3. Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for new sales.
4. Clearly matches Waste Pro services and to sales support required
to meet and exceed customer needs.
5. Develops a strong customer base within the regional geographical
area calling on prospective customers by phone or in person
6. Ensures customer satisfaction through direct communication and
solicitation of feedback.
7. Drives acquisition, retention and renewal of contracts by
developing and maintaining critical relationships with customers,
appointed staff and others influencing decision makers.
8. Knows the competition and uses industry/company knowledge to
prepare winning proposals.
9. Accountable in partnership with corporate sales, marketing, and
regional management for developing bid and RFP submittal packages
and insuring that proposals meet all specification requirements,
required pro-forma, pricing and professional quality in
10. Interfaces with WP executives, managers, associates and
customers in targeting opportunities and aggressively pursing
11. Actively or indirectly in partners with Region Sales Manager(s)
in closing contracts through aggressive negotiation, competitive
pricing and proactive adherence to defined sales strategy.
12. In partnership with finance and regional management
periodically initiates billing and contract audits to ensure best
pricing and proper invoicing.
13. Stays directly involved in complaint resolution and resolves
issues as needed in support of the customer and in compliance with
local, state and federal regulations.
14. Actively participates in community events and activities where
applicable to promote WP's distinguishable difference (e.g.
Chambers of Commerce, Local League of Cities, Keep America
Beautiful affiliates, SWANA, community cleanup events, civic
associations, local charitable organizations, etc.).
15. Keeps management apprised of individual and sales activities
which may impact the Division, Region, and Company.
16. Uses available technology to monitor, track and report sales
activity. Accurately forecasts monthly, quarterly, and annual
revenue sales opportunities.
17. Partners with Corporate Sales, Marketing and Regional
Specialists surrounding possibilities for press coverage, need for
collateral literature, advertising and sponsorship
18. Researches and stays current regarding competitor services and
19. Uses a standard format or sales automation tool for maintaining
status of sales activities.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate
in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping
up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by
Waste Pro .
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as
keyboarding, machine operation, driving, etc.) most of the work
* Properly licensed with ability to drive a motor vehicle
extensively within a defined sales area/territory
* Normal setting for this job is: Office Setting/Outside Sales.
Reports To: Sales Manager
* Education: AS/BA/BS degree in business, marketing, or equivalent
experience. Related work experience can be substituted for
* 1-2 years of sales/marketing/business development experience
within the Waste Services Industry with heavy emphasis on the
Commercial Sales Sector.
* 1+ years of progressive sales experience.
* Demonstrated ability to apply consultative and solutions based
* Applied skills in negotiation, bid responses, contract
management, forecasting and reporting.
* Experience with sales generation, customer interaction,
presentation, client interaction, negotiation, account management,
forecasting, pricing, and sales closure.
* Superior written and oral communication skills combined with
above average organization, interpersonal, listening, presentation
and problem solving skills.
* Professional demeanor and ability to function with the utmost
honesty and integrity.
* Must demonstrate a basic understanding of applied use of sales
automation technology used in support of the sales process.
* Proficiency in using array of software packages, including MS
Outlook, Word, PPT and Excel.
* Experienced in developing strategies to increase sales volumes,
manage costs and source potential opportunities through different
* Knowledge of the Waste Industry, competitors, and relevant
external forces that influence the client's buying decision.
* Well versed in problem solving, market research,
financial/profitability analysis, pricing, and client relationship
* Organized and intellectually able to eliminate sales obstacles
through creative and adaptive approaches.
* Must be prepared for extensive travel within a defined sales
* High degree of autonomy, yet team oriented with ability to work
cross functionally within dynamic environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Waste Pro, USA, New Orleans , Sales Representative-206, Sales , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!